Norton Internet Security for Netbooks?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by geepondy, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geepondy

geepondy Registered Member

Are there really major changes for this version compared to regular NIS 2009 or 2010? I do realize you want the lightest security software possible for the limited CPU power of a netbook but I can't find any deals on this version like I can regular NIS 2010?

Has Netbook security been discussed in length anywhere in these forums. I did a search but didn't come up with much.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What are your netbook specifications ? CPU ? RAM ?
    What is the OS you use on your netbook ?

What is the model/brand of the netbook ?

I haven't seen a topic about netbook security here . Perhaps the reason is netbook security is nothing special . Netbooks (the first models) that appeared years ago were slow and one had to make quite a lot of adjustments on OS and functions . Todays netbooks are generally not so slow , one does not necessary have to make cuts on functions and stuff they are used to do on their regular machines (excluding hard game playing or watching HD videos , performing graphics and things like that...)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
  3. norky

norky Registered Member

I think the major differences are these:

# Netbook Mode extends battery life by putting off non-critical tasks until
    your netbook is plugged in.
    # Optimized for netbook displays with 800 x 480 support and 1024 x 576
    screen handling.

4. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

I honestly don't think these are actually different in this version. I think they are just pointing out they exist. I say because I have the full version installed and I see the option of "Power Saving" mode, which I think is what they are referring to. The description says...
    As for the display I haven't seen anything on mine so maybe there is a difference there. I dunno tho. I really think the only difference is the Norton IS for Netbooks comes on a USB Thumb drive instead of CD, since most netbooks don't have CD drives.

As an FYI I am running the regular version of NIS 2010 on my Gateway LT3103 netbook and it has been great.

5. sun88

sun88 Registered Member

I'm running NIS 2010 on my Dell Mini 9 without problems, but I wish I could have NIS focus only on prevention and not waste any time looking at files that were already present when the system was booted, because those files have already passed inspection. Netbooks are slow enough that you hate to see any cpu power being wasted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.