Norton Internet Security 2011: Application Compatibility

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pleonasm, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

When installing Norton Internet Security 2011 (18.1.0.37) on Windows Vista, I received an “Application Compatibility Check” warning: “One or more programs on your computer are not compatible with this Norton product. Please uninstall all programs listed below...”.

In my case, the incompatible application was Spy Sweeper (6.1.0.145) -- even though Norton Internet Security 2010 never objected to its presence.

Questions:
    • What other security applications does Norton Internet Security 2011 detect as “incompatible”?
    • Is anyone else in the forum community successfully using Spy Sweeper (6.1.0.145) with Norton Internet Security 2011 (18.1.0.37)?
    Thank you.

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

• Windows Defender . But Norton automatically turns WD off.
      Norton IS and 360 are not officially compatiable with any other residently running security software . For example some people have had problems with MBAM running in real time . Perhaps they have added such detection in version 2011 or have expanded the list of incompatible programs.

Report your finding to the concerned Symantec dept. :

email to pse_support@symantec.com
      use precisely this subject : Incompatible Application Detected

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using Norton 2010 for a couple of months, and went to 2011 a couple of weeks ago. You can see from my sig what I am running.There have been zero problems with running MBAM, and SAS realtime.
    I am also runninbg Mamutu.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

MBAM is completely compatible unlike some people say
    i dont think that u rather need spy sweeper with it though

5. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Dont need MBAM anymore now that Norton Power Eraser is available. It has far more generic 0-day detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.