Norton Internet Security 2011: Application Compatibility

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pleonasm, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

When installing Norton Internet Security 2011 (18.1.0.37) on Windows Vista, I received an “Application Compatibility Check” warning: “One or more programs on your computer are not compatible with this Norton product. Please uninstall all programs listed below...”.

In my case, the incompatible application was Spy Sweeper (6.1.0.145) -- even though Norton Internet Security 2010 never objected to its presence.

Questions:
    • What other security applications does Norton Internet Security 2011 detect as “incompatible”?
    • Is anyone else in the forum community successfully using Spy Sweeper (6.1.0.145) with Norton Internet Security 2011 (18.1.0.37)?
    Thank you.

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

• Windows Defender . But Norton automatically turns WD off.
      Norton IS and 360 are not officially compatiable with any other residently running security software . For example some people have had problems with MBAM running in real time . Perhaps they have added such detection in version 2011 or have expanded the list of incompatible programs.

Report your finding to the concerned Symantec dept. :

email to pse_support@symantec.com
      use precisely this subject : Incompatible Application Detected

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using Norton 2010 for a couple of months, and went to 2011 a couple of weeks ago. You can see from my sig what I am running.There have been zero problems with running MBAM, and SAS realtime.
    I am also runninbg Mamutu.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

MBAM is completely compatible unlike some people say
    i dont think that u rather need spy sweeper with it though

5. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Dont need MBAM anymore now that Norton Power Eraser is available. It has far more generic 0-day detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.