Norton Internet Security 2007 and Windows 2000?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by quadrophonic, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

The system requirements state that it supports Win XP. I bought the Internet Security/Ghost/Partition Magic package from Fry's Outpost for free after rebate.

I initially just wanted Ghost and Partition Magic, but after trying Avira and NOD32, and reading all the recent positive stuff about Norton's AV (light on resources and excellent review on AV-comparatives), I'm thinking about using it.

Does anyone know if I can just load the antivirus program from the Internet Security disk, and though they don't support Windows 2000 Pro SP4, will it still run?

I know there's only one way to find out, and I'm planning to try tonight, but I was wondering if anyone here tried it already?

2. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

I just answered my own question. I loaded the CD and the autorun message said that the program requires Windows XP. I tried every other exe and msi, and they all required the main setup file to run.

According to their website, Norton AV 2005 and Norton Internet Security still support 2006. From what I gather, those are system hogs.

Maybe I can take my bill of sale and use it for a rebate on a competitive upgrade. Usually you can get a program for free that way.

Back to Avira PE Classic, Avast or AVG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.