Norton Internet Security 2005, subscriptions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xAustinx, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

what happens when you have a norton product on your computer with time left on your subscription and you format you pc and reinstall the software. Do you loose all of what you had left on your subscription and have to purchase a new years worth? Or do you start afresh or continue with the amount of days you had left before you formated?

I am just wondering about what happens.

Thanks.

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Austin, ;)

You should start fresh ... with a new 365 day subscription service. ;) ... Unless they're doing something different with "Live Reg" internally ...

dog - *puppy*

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Austin, can't speak about 2005, but have reinstalled OS and NAV 2003 a couple of times and it installs, updates and works OK, but the subscription date returns to 3mths instead of when it should be. I must have spent about 650 hours on the phone to Symantec trying to sort it, eventually giving up in frustration. Funnily enough, when you reach that bogus expiry date it just reverts to where it should be.....so it all worked out in the end. BUT, don't bank on any great customer support from ol' Symantec!
    Buck

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The same thing happens with NAV 2004, so I guess it would happen with 2005 as well

So long as you are still valid, the licence resets for 3 months ahead (even if you have more than that left to go).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.