Norton Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fdpg, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdpg

fdpg Registered Member

:)I´ve recently installed Norton Internet Security 2004. Do I still need the protection of "Spybot Search and Destroy" and "Spyware Blaster"? Is there any incompatibility between Norton Internet Security 2004 and "Spybot Search and Destroy" and/or "Spyware Blaster"? Thanks.

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hi fdpg,

welcome to wilders, :)

lemme first say you something,

in this web world, there are not only viruses but also trojans and spywares and what not else malwares...
    NIS 2004 or any other AVs in that respect concentrates on the detection of viruses and worms , ATs look after trojans and these spybots and spywareblasters look after the malwares and spywares ..

so to get full security do strengthen ur computer armour with spybot, spywareblaster (and if you want ad-aware too)

umm... i dunno i have used myself the same combo of NIS,spybot and spywareblaster and I know some more using thoz combo... naah no incompatibilitiz...

thx mate

NB AV-antivirus, AT-antitrojan

3. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

NIS is a bit more then an AV: http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/

But to answer the question.
    Yes, they will offer extra protection and no, there are no conflicts to be expected
    I would certainly add SpywareBlaster. Not so sure if SpywareGuard is necessary.

4. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi stanger,

if you see that respect... KAV also sees after trojans.. what I meant was AVs are antiviruses and there are more than viruses in the web... NIS will look after part of it if you say.. but not "almost" full security... you can see still I use the word almost(thats for its some responsibilitiz of who is using the comp too to keep his/her comp safe)

anways... my opinion .. as I had put... spybot is the tool to remove any spyware in your system
    spywareblaster looks that no wrong thing even enters your comp
    (spywareguard provide extra security yes.. but why should I take chance ? can you say? )

thx..
    (I am out.. I am just giving my opinions ..its all on the users wish what he/she will use)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.