Norton Insight w/o Internet connection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eplose, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eplose

eplose Registered Member

I wonder if Norton stores the Insight community data on the pc, so it can be used while the pc goes offline...can someone clarify?

Thanks.

2. icr

icr Registered Member

It requires internet connection for veryfying the files:)

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Yes, it does . Norton File Insight (Application rating) is file data which is stored locally until new information is available or a change in given file(s) has occured. If so , it will connect again to check . As far as I can remember Norton File Insight (Application ratings) automatically recheck the databased once every 8 hours (but I am not sure for the hour).

Insight network scan (which is available only in manual on-demand quick scan , in right click scan and in download Insight requires internet . Other only local updates are used to check a file.

If new file(s) appear on the computer (e.g. downloaded file or via removable drive) , a internet is required to check the community info. However , once the file has been checked , its rating remains saved locally (of course until a change happens in the file(s) of interest).

If you want to double check my words , you can simply experiment and test it your self.

Cheers! :thumb:

4. eplose

eplose Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.