Norton Go Back

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by giantbill, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giantbill

giantbill Registered Member

I loaded TI 8 on a PC running windows 98 and when I try to do an image of C drive to either CDs or external USB 1.1 drive the computer freezes and I get a message that there was a Page Fault error accessing the TI8 exe file. The machine has Go Back installed and functioning and I read a thread that says this can cause problems. Has anyone experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yes, at least in the earlier versions of GoBack, whenever using ANY imaging software, not just TI, you should disable GoBack. Yes, I know that means that you will lose your history bin, but that is, or at least was that only way of imaging a drive protected by GoBack. If this has changed with later versions hopefully users of the later GoBack versions can harp in with any newer information. Good luck.

Acadia

3. giantbill

giantbill Registered Member

Acadia, Thanks for the info. The Go Back version that I am using is contained in Norton System Works 2002 so is a vintage version I am sure. I will disable it and try to do an image.

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Acadia,

Small addition from Acronis Support:

Is Acronis True Image 8.0 compatible with Norton GoBack?

Acronis True Image 8.0 is compatible with Norton GoBack, but for specific Acronis functions, you will need to disable Norton GoBack:
    • If you start Acronis True Image 8.0 from the bootable rescue media.
    • If you want to restore an image archive.
    • If you want to create, resize or delete the Acronis Secure Zone.
    Please note that after restoring an image archive, the history of Norton GoBack stored on the target hard drive is automatically lost.

Ciao,

[GLOW="gray"] Smokey[/GLOW]

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.