Norton Go Back and Internet Security help

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by iceni60, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, my friend has just got her first computer and she has a whole load of norton products (2 NAV one preinstalled and one she bought from another shop :rolleyes: ) the AV is OK, we set that up yesterday. but, she also has Go Back and i think it was Internet Security. are these both fairly straight forward to setup? do you know of any tutorials about them which will help us? thanks :)

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Ice, ;)

Yes, they're easy to setup. Internet Security includes Norton Anti-Virus ... the firewall is really newbie friendly, and it will create must of the rules automatically for recognized apps, as needed.

Don't look down on their AV, it's a very good product, and provides very good protection. System resource usage isn't the be all, end all of anything. Your friend will be very well protected. NIS has a built in anti-tamper protection, to prevent malware from trying to disable it. It's a very good product.

I don't know if you really want to install, Go Back though ... it uses a lot of resources/disk space etc., and really System Restore is more than sufficient for an average user. I would suggest an imaging program for backups, Ghost, Acronis, etc. there are many on the market to do a proper job.

HTH,

Steve

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, Steve :) well, it looks like she managed to get three NAVs if the AV comes with NIS too :eek: :D i dont look down on NAV's ability, i just dislike the company. i have NAV and it wont install and the support is rubbish. thanks for the help :)

4. goback

goback Guest

I use the latest version of GoBack 4.0 and wouldn't be without it. It is much much better than older versions of the product IMO. It really seems much more like Shadow Surfer or Freezx than older versions.

It has an auto revert feature called 'auto back' that will return your system to the exact state it was in when you first started your computer, every time you do a restart.

It has 'safe try mode' that will allow you to try out any software with out making any permanent changes to your system, in a safe virtual environment.

It has many new and better features than older versions, and best of all it doesn't seem to slow my computer one bit- using Athlon xp 2100, 512mb ram.

I would highly recommend the new GoBack 4 over older versions. Don't knock it till you try it baby. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.