Norton Ghost 2003 & Acronis TI

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Gianni, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

Hi!

I have Norton Ghost 2003 installed [WinXP SP2] and i'd like to give Acronis TI 9.0 Home a try...any possible conflicts installing both apps on the same machine...? o_O

Any advice welcomed.TY

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I'm doing just that and see no problems. I routinely use both. I believe later versions of Ghost may conflict.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I have Ghost 10 and TI 9 installed.
    I've seen two issues:

1. You cannot concurrently RUN both programs.
    2. Ghost sometimes issues messages when I am mounting/dismounting volumes in TI.

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Drop ghost man. Its inferior to TI ;-)

5. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I don't understand why would you have 2 programs that basically do the samething ? What would be the benefit of having both ?

6. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I ran both programs for a year or so with no problems. Also ran Ghost and the trial version 9.0. No problems there either.

Now, I only use Ghost because it has never failed a restoration.

True Image found that the 5 sets I had on hand were all corrupt even though they were "verified" when created. I needed them badly at that time so dropped True Image as unreliable for me and returned to Ghost.

Some people have no problems with True Image so it is worth a try to see if it works for you. Before buying though, try a restoration of at least a file or two to see if the images have become "corrupt" after creation.

I like True Image and if they ever get it so that it is reliable, I will switch to it because I do not care for the Symantec company policy of invading and taking over computers.

7. Mr_Natural

Mr_Natural Registered Member

I had Norton Ghost and had no problems until recently, when I try to clone my C drive, it aborts and gives me internal error 25003. You have to go to Norton website to find out what that is. Norton support told me that my hardrive was too fragmented and, of course, they have some software to sell me that will correct the problem. I ran the Windows defragmenter to no avail.

I bought Acronis TI and have had no problems cloning a drive ort anything else

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

If you have two eggs in a basket, you hope that no more than one will crack.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image for image backup and I use FDISR as a second backup (one of the possibilities of FDISR) to cover failures of ATI.
    If I had not FDISR, I would use another image backup software, like Terabyte to cover failures of ATI.
    FDISR doesn't cover harddisk crashes, but I never had a harddisk crash in my life. My system crashed alot more. :)

10. incursari

incursari Registered Member

I had learned from my experience when my hard drives get burn. All my precious data was lost. When I bring to data recovery computer shop they charge very expensive for the data recovery which I would not pay for it. Currently I trialing ATI from what I see ATI come with good interface for a user like me. Altogether I had tried 3 different imaging program IFW/IFD, Paragon Drive backup and ATI. All those that I tested I found to be very good and working for me. For a good GUI and simplicity I prefer Paragon Drive backup and ATI. I can see ATI is a nice imaging program too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.