Norton 'failures'

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dominic, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominic

Dominic Registered Member

For some reason I get consistent messages telling me that I cannot run Norton Internet Security. Files to access it have 'gone missing'. NSMain.exe is one, another is SmnLnch.exe, and another one that comes up is that 'NAVAPW32.exe is not valid in 32'. Does anyone have any ideas, as the stuff from Norton website has proved a fruitless waste of time - I don't know how to find the right thing if it is there at all, or why these bits may have suddenly vanished for no reason. I don't even know whether Norton is running or not because I cannot open it.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

the easiest solution if your a registered user is to download the install if you don't allready have the cd. uninstall norton security and then reinstall the program - that way you know you have all the pieces. good luck!

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

A full uninstall, followed by a re-intsall from the CD is the obvious answer; but what happens if you do not have a CD to re-install from 'cos Norton came pre-installed in your machine?

In that case you can try the following:-

1) Click Start/Control Panel/Add-Remove Progs and scroll down to Norton, there you can try clicking 'Change' (rather than 'Remove') and see if you can replace the missing bits that way.

2) Use System Restore to get back to a point when Norton was working.

3) A full reformat would resurrect a pre-installed Norton - but that is a last resort! (when a similar problem happened to me, I preferred to ditch Norton altogether rather than do that!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.