Norton deals, rebates, etc.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by malexous, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Symantec told me there were no indications that Purplas has given me any fraudulent keys.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not sure if this qualifies as a deal but Norton Antivirus and 360 both have 90 day trials here-
    http://buy-static.norton.com/prod/html/partner/msft_EN.html

NIS and 360 have 60 day trials here-
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Norton-Internet-Security.shtml

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Norton-360.shtml

IIRC- I "think" I remember that the Norton 360 90 day and 60 day trials can be stacked if you use the Norton Removal Tool after the first trial. Maybe you need something like Revo though. I'm not sure. Anyway. if it works you get a 5 month trial of 360.

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I think the 90 day trial is a 2011 OEM version. Can this be updated to 2012 without using a Norton account?

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

6. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

It's not in stock anymore.

7. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Add yourself to the e-mail notification list and they'll e-mail as soon as they get it back. I was pleasantly surprised the licenses were legit. I'm waiting to get 3 more licenses for mum and dad at parents house. :) It's 4 (3,8:cool: dollars a year per computer. That's sooo freaking cheap. And 2012 edition is the best surprise along with WSA in the last 3 years.

8. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Will do, so you get license valid for 3 PC's and 1095 days for each one, right ?

9. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

You need to update to the 2012 version through Norton Account. If you already have a 30 day trial, you can convert it to a 90 day trial by putting in the key code for the OEM version.

10. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

That's right. If you can have more patience than I did and wait for the restock notification, you will hopefully be as pleased as shadek.:)

11. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I wonder if I buy this deal (since I have roughly 110 days) left on my existing subscription, they will add the time from the new license I purchase?

12. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I took advantage of this deal and it worked out at just over £10. I inserted the key straight into NAV 2012 and now have 366 days of protection :D

13. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I wonder the same. Since I have over 300 days left on the 2 year I bought last time I should probably wait until next year to look for a deal. :doubt:

14. crofttk

Just for you guys, I installed my license keys this morning that I purchased for 6 machines last week. Three machines had 6 days remaining and the other three had 7 days remaining. All 6 machines came back with the purchased license term remaining on NIS - the 6 or 7 days had disappeared. Hope that answers your question.

15. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Still haven't gotten an email yet, has anyone? And that seems disappointing that the time left disappears.

16. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've heard that this can be handled by the new Norton Management feature. I don't need a new key yet so I can't test it though. The best way to deal with this has been to wait until the current license expires (or nearly so) before entering the new key. The same is true with the trial-ware.

17. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi,
    I have an idea and it works 100 percent. I have tried and tested it and you won't lose a day.

First, after you buy the new license try to activate it and see that it gets added to your norton account here. Now contact support and tell them that after adding the new key you lost the remaining number of days on your old license, give them the old key and they will gladly add the remaining number of days left on the old license.

Please make sure you activate the new key first, so that it gets added to your account and it is reflected there, otherwise you will have a hard time explaining to the support guys from where you purchased the product from. If you buy it from official norton store, you won't have any problem, but third party stores it is difficult to show them the proof of purchase.

I have added more than 4-5 three user license this way and never lost a single day. All of my licenses are valid for more than 5years and I still have 5-6 licenses left.

If any confusion, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
    Ziaul

P.S. Always make sure whether it is a new key or old key, it should reflect under your account. That way it will be easy to add the remaining days.

18. malexous

malexous Registered Member

19. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I am sure i can just download 2012 and i can insert a 2011 keys in right? Isn't it the idea that i buy a licenses to use the product. Regardless of Product versions?

If yes then why are these shops selling 2011 way cheaper then 2012??

By the way can i further stack the days of licenses on top of trial licenses :p

And i am still thinking of the deal http://store.purplus.net/noinse2033do.html

That is working out as less then $12 per computer. And for 3 years!!!! Are they crazy?

P.S - Do i use the same key for 3 computer? Or would i get 3 different keys?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  20. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi Iwod,
    You get the same keys.

Thanks,
    Ziaul

21. malexous

22. malexous

A 2006 or later key will work.
    Anytime you insert a new product key, you lose the previous remaining days. If you contact support, they will usually add the previous remaining days of a licence onto the new licence. I do not know if they would do that for a trial.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  23. crofttk

If you ask the converse - why are they selling 2012 for more than 2011? I would answer - Probably just because they CAN. I would guess most of their customers are not Wilders members that read threads like this one or by any other means realize that any old version from '06 forward (based on what malexous said) will do and then they can freely download and upgrade themselves to the "latest and greatest" on the same keys.

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

25. malexous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.