Norton AV Live Update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vickie, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickie

vickie Registered Member

:rolleyes: I cannot get Norton anti-virus program (Norton System Works 2004) to completely download the latest virus definitions with Live Update. The last d/load I did successfully was on 7/13/05. Now when I go to update the virus definitions this error msg shows up half-way through: "LU1844. While the virus definitions were being downloaded an error occurred. Please try running Live Update again later".
    So I try and try again and get the same error message each time. I am hoping someone on this board can help me with a solution - bcuz the Symantec website is impossible to navigate for any help about the problem.
    Thanks for any help.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. vickie

vickie Registered Member

Snowbound: many thanks for your kind and quick reply. I will try your link and see if it'll work.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Your welcome. :)

Post back and let us know how it goes.

snowbound

5. vickie

vickie Registered Member

Thanks Snowbound - i have found the website and tried several of the recommendations...no luck so far. I am now going to try uninstalling/reinstalling the program according to the instructions. :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.