Norton AV doesn't send or receive any byte

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by George S, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George S

George S Guest

Does anyone know why PE would show nothing is going through the Norton AV socket? Both send and receive are always at 0.

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi George,

Screenshot ?

3. George S

George S Guest

Hay, Gavin. Just got the screenshot but don't see how to upload it without it linking to somewhere else.

Is there a way?

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi George

You have to be registered in order to upload images.

Seeing you post the other day, I took the following screenshot which I believe should demonstrate your question. This is with NAV2003 where the application in question will be ccapp that will filter/scan email. In earlier versions I believe it was something like navpw (?).

Regards,

CrazyM

Attached Files:

5. George S

George S Guest

Thanks for the response. Don't know why I'm registered at Diamond CS and not here. Oh, well.

Yes, it's something like that, though this is navapw32.exe. It should also scan for email and do script blocking. Maybe ZA Pro is conflicting with it.

Whatever it is, PE keeps crashing. I've sent error report after error report to MS.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi George,

We recommend you register here as well, with a broad range of useful forums available and lots of great helpers, who wouldnt ? :D

NAV AutoProtect shouldn't send any data as far as I can see.. updating is done with a separate application, so is email proxying ? NAVAPW32.EXE is just the on access scanning component, mostly all it does is scan, not connect to the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.