Norton AV 2004 etc???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bounty69sx, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

Can somebody please point me to the link I saw in this forum about how to completely remove NAV from system. I got the preinstalled complete package of Norton when I got my comp. and then I removed it once the free trial was over via add/remove program. Then bought just the NAV 2004 and installed it. But when I tried to upgrade to the 2005 ver. I can't. It doesn't detect the NAV that I have. I know i registered it when i bought it. But the sw that is on right now still says free subscription on the About NAV screen.

I downloaded another copy of the 2004 and am planning the install it again after I do that complete cleanup of the old program. I think it mentioned in that link that you can't totally remove all NAV files with just the Add/Remove Prog. of Win. So you need to run a program from Norton site itself.

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

Thanks, ronjor.

I still removed it using a/r prog. and installed a new download. It still didn't give me a serial number when I registered and re-registered. I wrote cust. support and it's a good thing they replied and gave me a product number that I think I can use to upgrade.

I just hope NAV 2005 doesn't act the same way. But NAV 2004 was ok in itself.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

bounty69sx

Hope everything works out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.