Norton AV 2004 etc???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bounty69sx, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

Can somebody please point me to the link I saw in this forum about how to completely remove NAV from system. I got the preinstalled complete package of Norton when I got my comp. and then I removed it once the free trial was over via add/remove program. Then bought just the NAV 2004 and installed it. But when I tried to upgrade to the 2005 ver. I can't. It doesn't detect the NAV that I have. I know i registered it when i bought it. But the sw that is on right now still says free subscription on the About NAV screen.

I downloaded another copy of the 2004 and am planning the install it again after I do that complete cleanup of the old program. I think it mentioned in that link that you can't totally remove all NAV files with just the Add/Remove Prog. of Win. So you need to run a program from Norton site itself.

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

Thanks, ronjor.

I still removed it using a/r prog. and installed a new download. It still didn't give me a serial number when I registered and re-registered. I wrote cust. support and it's a good thing they replied and gave me a product number that I think I can use to upgrade.

I just hope NAV 2005 doesn't act the same way. But NAV 2004 was ok in itself.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

bounty69sx

Hope everything works out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.