Norton antivirus 2011 7.49 $ hurry !!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by osmandemi, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

With a valid license, a user can always use the current version, not matter which version the license was originally bought for, currently back to 2006. So, any license for 2006 or later will activate 2011, so for 2012 you'd probably need 2007 or later.

2. country2

country2 Registered Member

Just a reminder, by default auto renewal is turned on in your profile.

3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Don't think it's possible for me to purchase as I'm a UK resident. Damn.

4. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

What is the problem?

I'm from Brazil and bought my key, she came by email and I activated perfectly.

5. country2

country2 Registered Member

UK isn't listed n the drop down menu, Brazil is.

6. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Exactly.

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I noticed Australia, wasn't listed either, so I just registered as living in the USA, and I completed the purchase. ;)

P.S. However, after installing upon reboot, after logon in XP Pro SP3, as the systray started loading, immediately after seeing the icon for NAV appear it BSOD and automatically went in a reboot. This happened twice.

Anyhow, I managed to get into safe mode with networking, and selected System Restore, and here I am to post about it.

It is late, so I need to get some sleep. I will have another go at trying to get it installed, later.

8. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Does the license activate (begin count down) when you purchase it? Or does it become active after you install the license into NAV?

9. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

So, if your country isn't listed , you can enter any country that is listed and it will work ?

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think it becomes activated after you install, successfully, that is. ;)

P.S. I got my installer from Cnet, maybe that is why it didn't install, ...successfully.

Attached Files:

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

YMMV. :)

12. pabrate

LOL , I dunno, I was about to complete the purchase but my country is not on the list , in fact only small number of countries are listed.
    I'll probably try later with Dominican Republic and what happens happens :D

13. pabrate

Purchased NIS 2011 from the same page (same coupon code used) for $26.24 :)

14. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Also bought for the same price, excellent product!

I have a silly question.

It comes with automatic renewal enabled by default. When my license runs out it will renew at the regular price or discount of the purchase?

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Probably the price at the time of renewal. I would use a temporary credit card# like Discovercard offers if you have a CC with that feature.

16. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

In case you forget to renew your license, Symantec has your back, and they'll take care of charging your credit card for the full price and renew it for you. They'll do it for no extra charge, and no worries on your end.:D Or if you want to trial their software on their site, then all you have to do is simply give them your credit card # and agree to the conditions, and you can trial their software, and Symantec will automatically charge your card and start your subscription after 30 days is up. What more could you ask for?

Now that's what I call 360 protection.;)

I wonder if that's why they don't take PayPal...

:D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  17. King Grub

Could ask for users reading the license agreement, where you can opt out?

18. Kirk Reynolds

Opt out? There's only one reason to have an opt out for that instead of an opt in, and it sure isn't there to benefit the user/customer. It's to catch unsuspecting and/or unwitting customers who don't bother to read the EULA or the fine print, and that's what Symantec is counting on.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  19. pabrate

So what, that makes them bad ?
    Of course you can turn that OFF :)

20. King Grub

Shouldn't one always read the EULA before you agree to something, especially if it is about paying for something? Can't really complain about something that is in the EULA if you didn't bother to read it before you agreed.

21. Kirk Reynolds

Makes them bad? Not a word that I would use to describe them. That's for individuals to decide for themselves.

Not something that would be widely considered as unethical, but probably fits into a grey area. Kind of hard to call a business tactic like that as something that is ethically sound.
    What you said doesn't detract from the fact that Symantec is counting on "catching unsuspecting and/or unwitting customers who don't bother to read the EULA or the fine print". That in of itself is a seedy business tactic.

I'm just calling it like I see it, is all.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  22. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Come on you guys! You're all smart, you surf this forum for god's sake!!! o_O o_O o_O

Just go to www.mynortonaccount.com and go to automatic renewals ---> off. That simple! :thumb:

Not to mention that when your order is accepted these instructions are there! :cautious:

You're welcome! :cool: :D :cool:

23. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

Absolutely correct...whats the big deal...simple enough....

24. pabrate

When you decide to make a purchase /and/ before you do that , there is no "small" print (fonts) , long EULAs to read or anything like that, you can CLEARLY see the warning (in red) that renewal is automatic and that if you wish, you can deactivate it in your account.

There's nothing "seedy" about it, I would do the same in their position, what's the main goal of every business ? That's right ... making the money !

They give you full free trial, 30 days, 60 and easy to find 90 days.
    If you like it you buy it, that's it.

Not to mention any names , but I would never buy a software from a company which does not offer a free trial, instead they act like a rogue, they inform you if your system is infected and then you have to pay for it if you want it removed. Now, that's seedy ! ;)

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Where do you find the automatic renewals section? I went under billing, and didn't see anything there, or under any of the other sections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.