Norton 360 v4 - any thoughts?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by silverfox99, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I'm a current NIS2010 user happy enough but interested in back-up facility that Norton360 has. I see there is a new v4 out.

Anyone got experience/views on this version 4? - does it have any advantages over the current NIS2010 in terms of anti-virus/malware capabilities?

I seem to remember previously that 360v3 was first with SONAR and some 'in the cloud' technologies that users of NIS had to wait another 6 months for.

2. icr

icr Registered Member

In terms of malware detection capabilities it doesn't have any difference as Norton 2010

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Actually , quite the contrary . Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security first get the new technologies . N360 users are those who wait about half an year for these things . At the moment Norton 360 version 4 uses the same technologies and engine like Norton 2010

N360 version 3 uses engine from version 2009 (engine 16)

If you use Norton IS , I would say that the Norton back-up options are OK but nothing special . I personally would stay with NIS .

If you use Windows XP or Windows Vista , get a licence for Acronis True Image Home and create your own back-ups/images
    If you use Windows 7 , you already have built-in back-up and image making feautures

4. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.