Norton 360 v4 - any thoughts?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by silverfox99, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I'm a current NIS2010 user happy enough but interested in back-up facility that Norton360 has. I see there is a new v4 out.

Anyone got experience/views on this version 4? - does it have any advantages over the current NIS2010 in terms of anti-virus/malware capabilities?

I seem to remember previously that 360v3 was first with SONAR and some 'in the cloud' technologies that users of NIS had to wait another 6 months for.

2. icr

icr Registered Member

In terms of malware detection capabilities it doesn't have any difference as Norton 2010

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Actually , quite the contrary . Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security first get the new technologies . N360 users are those who wait about half an year for these things . At the moment Norton 360 version 4 uses the same technologies and engine like Norton 2010

N360 version 3 uses engine from version 2009 (engine 16)

If you use Norton IS , I would say that the Norton back-up options are OK but nothing special . I personally would stay with NIS .

If you use Windows XP or Windows Vista , get a licence for Acronis True Image Home and create your own back-ups/images
    If you use Windows 7 , you already have built-in back-up and image making feautures

4. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.