Norton 2005 question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mistycat, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

After running a full scan which finds an Adware threat, I cannot find a way to fix, delete or quarantine it. There must be a way to remove it or do those options only apply to virii, trojans and worms? Why tell me it was found; I must be missing something? As an aside, I used Norton 2003 and find 2005 much improved but never felt good about the weekly updates; the Norton Rapid Updater by RejZoR solves this. Thankyou for that and thanks in advance for any advice.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You probably want to install adaware se or spybot search and destroy. make sure they are updated and do a system scan and hsve it fix the malware it finds. A dedicated adware and spyware program will clean most items it can detect which is a lot.adaware and spybots/d

3. mistycat

Thanks but updated Ad-aware SE 105 and Spybot S & D don't find the adware that Norton finds. It's strange that Norton finds it but can't fix or remove it.

4. passinthru

passinthru Guest

maybe if you post what norton found it'd help to figure out what goin on.

5. mistycat

I had excluded it from future scans {I was tired of seeing it}. Not smart, I know. Then I deleted all temporary internet files and cookies and now it's gone from scan exclusions and I don't remember what it was called. Some kind of adware is all I remember about it. Thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.