Northern Lights

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snapdragin, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Is anyone watching them right now? :D

I just stood outside and they are flickering across the sky....just beautiful! I guess they can be seen from many areas...but they are covering the entire sky here in Southern Ontario.

:D

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'm a looking Snap, hmmmmm, nope, can't see them, can you turn them up a bit, maybe plug a few more in... ;) :D

3. snapdragin

LOL! Well, they're starting to fade a bit now around the edges, but oh wow they looked like huge billows of smoke streaming across the sky, then bursting in huge swirls which would disappear in a blink just to be replaced by another stream. The only colour I could catch a glimpse of was green but it moves so fast!

I have never ever seen anything like that before. woooooo! But I can't find any news on it. It must be the after-effects of the eclipse we just had.

4. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Snap,
    I seen them at about 7:30 EST this evening - pretty cool. Two years ago I seen them and they were almost red.

5. Blackspear

Sounds like a barbie at my place ;) :D

6. snapdragin

ROFL! Blackspear....you've been cooking again! :D (must have been that HUGE shrimp thing on that building, ahy? ) LOL!

Ailric - I guess no one really knew it was going to happen until later this evening (yesterday evening now)....but this is really rare for it to come this far south in Ontario....and to cover the entire sky like that. The most I've ever seen was a few flickers off in the far distance and even then it was gone before you really knew what it was.

This one lasted hours!! Felt like you could almost put your hand up and touch it. Just incredible! :D I hope someone took pictures!

7. Blackspear

Well you can try and touch my BBQ, gets a bit hot though, here's a pic of the last one :D

Attached Files:

8. snapdragin

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Whoa....Blackspear!! ROFL!!

Whatever was on that Barbie...definitely isn't med-rare anymore! :blink:

:D

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

yeah and I prefer pretty much everything "extra-rare" so I sure won't be heading to Blackspears for my next ribeye :oops:

10. Blackspear

Yeah I know rather sad, then again, now you've seen our southern lights ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.