Norman Security Suit 6 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jadda, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Norman Security 6 Beta

I was surfing on Norman's homepage and I found a beta program - Norman Security 6. Then I saw it has been in beta sine June 6th 2006 and it's not released yet. Beta testing for a whole year, isn't that a little long?

Anyways, anybody know when it's released? :)

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well 1year for beta testing sounds a long time.
    but its better for them to take there time and fix all the bugs before it goes final.
    just remember when spysweeper came out of beta lots of bsod's to be had there.
    long beta testing can be good as long as they fix the bugs and listen to there testers bugs and sergestions.
    lodore

3. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Yeah, a whole year. And it's good that their taking time getting rid og bugs and stuff. But I've havent seen a antivirus been in beta for so long. Probably much they have changed and see it it works maybe :) But I contacted Norman, and version 6 will be released in third quarter.

Thanks for the help.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its probably been discontinued.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It wouldn't be the first time a beta is taking it's time, Kaspersky 6.0 & Nod 3.0 springs to mind.

6. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey Don how have you been? Just wondering what your opinion is of the Norman Antivirus? Although there are already two threads on the subject in the forum so far, I guess it wouldn't matter if you were to weigh in here or in one of those, and I would like to hear your opinion if possible. Take care.

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I think it's ok, reasonable signature & heuristic detection.................pretty much like DrWeb detectionwise which i would prefer because of daily updates and lighter footprint...............at least that was the case the last time i tried Norman. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.