Norascan new antimalware software

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by simisg, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simisg

simisg Registered Member

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

A Microsoft Visual Basic v5.0 - v6.0 wrote antimalware software:eek:

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Interesting. Cloud scanning with signatures and first pattern wave scanner. maybe like a BB? I think I'll give it a try.
    Its clean through jotti and VT.

4. kjdemuth

OK. Its has a very simple interface. It includes a quick and full scan. It automatically updates itself on start. The quick scan took 10 min for me. Thats on a 80gb HD w/ 20GB used. It started with a memory scan and then a file/object scan. It found 41 suspicious objects. It then took another 10 min uploading the files to its server to check them. It automatically uploads and checks the files. Once it was done it had found one .tmp file that was malware. It didn't say what kind or what it was. It then asked if it wanted to be quarantined. Once it was it seems like you don't have any other options. It doesn't have a recover feature or delete/clean. Odd that it won't let you recover a file. Anyway it seems like it was quick and that it weeded through the files and possibly found a trace .tmp file as malware. It might be worth trying out on an infected system and see how it works.

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Looks like Another Bugbopper type scanner but may be the upload is based on heuristics. It detected 121 suspicious files on a quick scan and presently uploading those in the server.

6. kjdemuth

Yeah SG09 it does seem like it. The upload to their service cuts down on FP. It had labeled comodo, killswitch, sandboxie and a few others as malware. After it was done it came back with one .tmp file.
    I did infect my system with some nasty dns changer trojan. I ran it and it found 6 suspicious files. After the online scan it didn't find anything.
    Not impressed at the moment. I'll have to do some more playing.

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Same here kjdemuth, It also detected 3 opera cache as 'confirmed malware'. I think I will do testing with some real malwares. Its good that they aren't doing any fp atm.

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Norascan V1.4 released (28.05.11)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.