noob aboit sandboxie

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by acuariano, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

hi guys ,i'm new to this sandboxie,read around that is a good product.
    my questions are.
    -how can i protect my whole pc with this program?..is it adviceable?
    -is only for default browser ie8?..how can i sandbox more browsers
    --is it adviceable to sandbox other programs?..
    ---if i download programs or wallpapers,at he end of day i have to flush everything from sandbox right?

if yes to this questions...how is it done

2. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

3. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

You cannot sandbox your entire pc, if that's what you meant, with Sandboxie. Sandboxie is intended to virtualize at the application level. If you are interested in virtualizing your entire pc, then an alternative is Returnil (which has a free version).

You can sandbox other browsers as well. Example: For information about Firefox, read here http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?FirefoxTips and here http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?ApplicationsSettings#web

It depends. For any internet-facing programs, yes, I recommend sandboxing them (such as your browsers). But do I sandbox Microsoft Word that is already installed on my system? No, because I don't consider it a security threat.

As long as a downloaded program remains in its sandbox, you are safe. Occasionally I will test a program and keep it in a special sandbox for weeks. If I decide I want to permanently keep it, then I recover it to my real system. If I decide not to keep it, then I empty the sandbox (i.e. Delete contents).

As pidbo suggests, please consider reading through the tutorial on Sandboxie's web site. I think it will provide some clarity. Then you can post any follow-up questions that are more detail specific.

4. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

thanks you guys for your help.

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Hey buddy don't forget that any changes that you make in a sandbox will disappear with that sandbox. Like bookmarks. If you bookmark a link it will disappear once you delete the sandbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.