Non logging VPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Irishfella, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishfella

Irishfella Registered Member

Hello members, I have been using VPNTunnel.se for the last 10 months. This is the first and only VPN I used. I liked the cliams of non logging and the connection gaurd. However the connect gaurd failed to work on a number of occassions when I was using Vista Operating System. I also had to use paypal for my last subscription which I am not happy about.

Can anyone recommend a reliable non logging VPN that also accepts anonymous payment?

I have been recommended

-http://ivacy.com/-

Is this any good?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  2. box750

box750 Registered Member

Ivacy is based in the UK, that would put me off a bit due to the UK Government habit of authorising personal data access without warrants.

I would look into TorGuard, Mullvad, ItsHidden or Privatvpn.se, they are all listed in Torrentfreak as VPN services that do not keep logs, based outside the US and UK, and TorGuard can be paid with Bitcoins, maybe others too, I did not look into their payment system.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  3. Jessica19

Jessica19 Registered Member

It is not going to be easy. Some of them don't mention the logging policy on their websites, so you have to ask them by email. By i really dont think there is any that is 100% anonymous. If they want to find you, they will. Read Andre's post This is why 100% anonymity claimed by VPN vendors is a lie!, you will see even hackers can get tracked when using VPN. You can setup your own VPN, it is still not 100% secure because your ISP could easily track you or your DNS provider.

4. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Here are some non-logging VPN providers that offer alternative payment methods:
    • Perfect Privacy (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Paysafecard, mail-in cash)
    • Cryptocloud (BitCoin, Liberty Reserve, mail-in cash)
    • Cryptohippie (BitCoin, mail-in cash)
    • Mullvad (BitCoin, mail-in cash)
    • Air VPN (Bitcoin)
    • nVpn (BitCoin, Liberty Reserve)
    • VersaVPN (BitCoin, Liberty Reserve)
    • oVPN.to (BitCoin, Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Paysafecard, Ukash)
    • inCloak (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney)
    • Insorg (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney)
    • SecretsLine (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Ukash)
    • DoubleVPN (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Perfect Money)
    • V.I.P. (Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Perfect Money)
    Many of these also take PayPal, AlertPay, direct credit card payments, or other payment methods as well.

5. Great list! BolehVPN also takes LR.

BTW Would people be interested in a review of each one?

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I would.

7. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Wow, great job, thanks!

8. OK had one very angry response by a VPN provider when I asked for a test account :mad: I'll try and work my way through the list. Only Cryptohippie may not be do-able because it's $275 for a account! Jeez must be able to launch nuke missiles with it or something.

9. mirimir

I doubt that you'll have much luck getting free test accounts ;)

They will give you a free test account, I think, but only for a day or so.

They're old school, and don't want trouble makers ;)

10. Mirimer yeah I suspected that, I'll hit up CryptoHippie and see if I can get a test account.

If I do the reviews it will just be for fun, as someone already said true anonymity is a myth and I agree which is why I don't bother with privacy related stuff these days.

11. imsoadude

imsoadude Registered Member

12. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I've been using them for a couple of years now. Very fast and always reliable. And I have email with it. Only one comp at a time though. And unless something has changed you cannot install it on a USB stick, which I think would be really cool.

13. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Then maybe the reviews are a bad idea. We do bother with privacy-related issues here.

There's no reason for somebody who doesn't bother with football to review the upcoming football season. Or someone who doesn't bother reading writing book reviews.

No offense, but really....

14. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Registered Member

This is kind of misleading. According to the article this guy was part of a hacker group ( 1st. strike against him) and he used the service to hack into the Sony website ( 2nd strike against him) and lastly, he openly bragged about it in a public forum ( 3rd strike and what got him nailed or even looked at)

For normal everyday use by citizens using the service legally, there is nothing here to suggest that VPN service cannot be 100% anonymous. I'm making this distinction so regular folk wont read the above and be afraid to use such a service.

Of course if your going to do something as incredibly stupid as this fellow, you have to assume someone somewhere might find a trail that leads back to you.

15. mirimir

It depends. HMA explained that they complied with a UK court order, pursuant to UK-US law enforcement agreements. In response to a question, they implied that Egyptian democracy activists are safe, because there are no such UK-Egypt agreements.

16. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Strike 4: He used HMA :D

PD

17. justpeace

justpeace Registered Member

I thought that LR wasn't really anonymous.

In order to use LR, you must first set up an account, and it was my impression when I tried LR some years ago that you can't get money in or out of your wallet without some form of verification.

How does one use LR anonymously?

I really want to know.

18. LR is filth if you ask me. It's really scummy, & dirty money. I can't see why you would need it besides buying stolen credit cards. Most of the boards promoting it are SCAMS or FBI informants.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  19. mirimir

That's a big question :)

First, you need "anonymous" Internet connectivity. Using free VPNs routed through paid VPNs is good enough, unless you plan to get lots of attention. Then create an identity, with valid contact information (such as a restaurant that has recently closed). And then create a free email account, using a local (to your identity) provider.

Now create a LR account, using your new identity's name and contact information. Never log into that account directly, or just using your initial paid VPN. Do everything inside a VM that you dedicate to that identity.

You can fund the LR account with Bitcoins using WM-center. Buy your Bitcoins using the most anonymous option that's available in your area. Then use two cycles of BitLaundry, with intermediate accounts in other VMs that connect through other free VPNs that are routed through your initial paid VPN.

20. Valder

Valder Registered Member

21. mirimir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.