<non-existent> process connection - faraday cage set

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Pfipps, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I was using tcpview and nirsoft smsniff to check out traffic for firefox, to test
    what TLS version was being used. I then found a non-existent connection to amazon.com aws servers.
    I LOST the IP address, but I remember seeing some header information like "{Author} {Date}" but not in that order.

I have done some searches and found out that this could be due to trojan activity, but I am sure as I can be I have no trojans or malware. I used hitman pro, emsisoft, and malwarebytes, both tools, GMER, and process hacker.

A little paranoia, though, because it turns out Amazon web services has a contract with the NSA and CIA.

Anybody ever see this behavior? I have not been able to reproduce this. When I updated adobe flash in firefox, it MAY have something to do with this, but nothing.

2. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

One update,

I use dataram ramdisk, and the program uses amazon aws servers for a nag screen. The driver didn't run once, and it may have something to do with it. I thought the ramdisk was running, and it wasn't, and RAMDisk.exe couldn't start the driver, I had to reinstall the program.

If I am not mistaken, a driver crash could result in the RAMDisk.exe to stop, making a "non existent" process have a connection?

3. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Anybody?
    How about I change the question,

what would it take to cause Firefox or Google Chrome to have a "FIN_WAIT-1" with <non-existent> as the process in Tcpview?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.