Non 7-Zip archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Davidj, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

I am trying to uninstall ATI Home 2009, build 9709 so I may upgrade to the latest build.

I deleted the program using Windows (Windows Vista Ultimate, SP 1, 32 bit) and downloaded the Acronis Clean Up Utility. When I try to run the Clean Up Utility I receive the following error message: "Acronis Cleanup error - Non
    7-Zip archive" and then there is a OK button to push.

Do I need to have a program for 7-Zip to make the Acronis Clean Up Utility run?

Appreciate any help.

2. fungus

fungus Registered Member

7-zip is a freeware that can combine & compress files, just like Zip does.
    Your Clean Up might be compressed with 7-Zip, but that shouldn't matter since 7-zip can open both Zip and 7-zip files.

I'd try downloading the cleaner from a different source, maybe from Acronis, and see if it works any better. You may have a badly compressed file.

Fungus

3. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

Fungus,

Thanks for your prompt answer. In your answer you said

I downloaded from Acronis, I didn't know you could download it from some other source. I went to http://www.7-zip.org/ but, after trying several times, I never could get it to run.

If you know of a different source where I may download the Acronis Clean Up Utility, please let me know where this source is.

4. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

It isn't 7-zip you need to download again. Downloads are not always perfect. Get the cleanup utility again, and this time use the browser's native download capability instead of a download manager, if you used one.

Good luck.

5. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

Thanks, Wandering 2

I will try and download the cleanup utility again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.