Nod's Weak Points

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pr3d4ToR, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pr3d4ToR

Pr3d4ToR Registered Member

Hi...i like very much the Nod32 antivirus...but there are 2 weak points that i hate

1) Settings for updates...i mean...even if eset relase updates just 3 times at day...i'd like to set "check for updates" every 5 mins like Kaspersky..in this way when they put updates online...in 5 mins i will be updated...

2) I hate..and really hate...the situation of the scan...i mean...i do a scan...(that can take hours) and for every virus (or suspicious) Nod pause the scan and ask to me what i want to do...even in this case i'd like more the Kaspersky's style that let u decide to delete,disinfect or not...at the end of the scanning without interrupt it.

If they fix these 2 problems the antivirus is perfect...after that let's go with the Security Suite!! hehe

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Just click 'Scan only' and rightclick on any malware found and select 'Clean'.
    But I do agree. The user should see a list of malware found at the end of each scan and options to do something about them in a fast & easy way.

screenie

Attached Files:

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

75160515, as your post was mainly concerned with Graybird Trojan, I have split it off into its own thread HERE

Cheers :D

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Pr3d4ToR, use "Scan only" as Brian suggested and uncheck "List all files".
    Then you will see a list of all infected files at the end. :)

5. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Or you could setup your scanning Options by going to

Control Center>NOD32>Run NOD32>Actions, this enables for automated responses to threats. All of the Eset modules allow you to do this as well, so you can remove ALL alerts from popping up if you so please and to only show in your log.

6. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

I have 2 hard drives (40 & 30 Gb). I asked for a deep scanning, all options checked except NTFS stream. It scanned 102000 files in about 20 minutes. By reading your post I wonder it is not too fast and misses something ?

7. Kennut

Kennut Registered Member

Sounds perfectly normal to me, I have 2 drives both ata133 120 GB.. full scan takes less than half an hour on a P4 2.8 HT 1gb ram rig.

8. pykko

pykko Registered Member

It's normal to scan fast. This is one of NOD32's main feature. ;)

9. Pr3d4ToR

Yes i said the Scan was slow cause with the pop-up when a virus is found..nod pause the scan untill u take an action...and if u have 200 virus...it will stop the scan for 200 times...so if u are not at computer all the time u can even need 2 days to make it finish...but i will try with the tips i had in this thread...thx!

Ps and how i can disable the pop-up in an on-demand scan? (when no virus found)
    example...in emule tk4 i put antivirus scan when file is downloaded...but doing that i receive a pop-up for every file even when files are not infected...how i can be noticed just by infected files?

10. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Read post number two.

11. pribo

pribo Registered Member

What really worthless is of nod32: updating. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
    If you want obtain the updates you must do it by hand, because regularly the car score does not work. :thumbd: :oops:

12. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

See post number 5. If you want to have the same level of setting for AMON, which Actively monitors all files modified on your computer, just go to: Control Center>AMON>Actions.

Cheers :)

13. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I really don't understand that a lot of people here complain about updating but I have never had to update manually, my NOD32 always gets updates automatically. And I am not speaking only about me I have not experienced that problem so far.

14. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I concur with this statement, for sure...

15. Pr3d4ToR

I seen it but Lollan...i mean that i want be noticed when virus are found...and NOT when they are not found...and nod notice me in both situation...
    in Amon -> Control -> Actions the only option is to do not be noticed when VIRUS HAS BEEN FOUND...and i just want not be noticed when it isn't..and i want be when it has been found...so what i can do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.