Nod32Security blocking internet Vista Home and router DI524

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by vostro1710, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vostro1710

vostro1710 Registered Member

Hello!
    I have a trial version of nod32 Security that I try before I buy it.

Configuration:
    I have two portable computers:
    1. XP laptop with latest updating
    2. Vista Home laptop with latest updating
    Both is linked via networks in order to reach the Internet and it happens via router Dlink DI-524.

I have deactivated:
    - windows fire wall
    - windows defender (I believe but I'm unsure on how one shuts it down)
    - UAC user control

Problems:
    Cannot come out on the Internet with Vista laptop when I have firewall on in nod32 Security. Have tried to shut down the firewall and then the internet connection works. I can't connect to Internet whether I'm on wireless network or cable networks.

I get no IP address if I check” cmd” and in systray it says ” Unidentified network Reach: Only local” (I'm not sure of the correct translation to English because I have a Swedish Vista but something like that)

Information:
    When I installed trial version the Internet connection functioned and I could update nod32 security and therefore have the latest updating for it. I drove in” interactive mode” and when it asked for Internet I allowed it in both directions.

I enclose picture over the sets in "zone and rule setup”

Since rebooted the computer after installing nod32 security stop functioning. The only way now I can get the Internet to function is bt setting static ip-adress and dns-adress. But since it is a portable computer I want it to link up against all nets also other than my own so I don't want to use static.

Everything functions however very good on the XP laptop and I can come out on the Internet with no problems at all so it's awkward.

I like to have ONE program (firewall, antivirus and antispam) so nod32 Security is good! The only thing now that I of cours want to fix is the internet to function on Vista laptop too.

Please, someone that can help? I've looked everywhere it feels and can't find a solution.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Based on your description of the problem, it sounds like an invalid firewall rule was created which is blocking network access, or the firewall rules have somehow become corrupted.

Try resetting the ESET Personal Firewall rules per ESET Knoweldgebase Article #941, "Firewall - Restore Default Settings" and allow it to create a new ruleset.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.