NOD32's Uninstaller is Worthless

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by clint7, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint7

clint7 Registered Member

I recently uninstalled NOD32 and man did leave the Files and Junk in my system. Without Tuneup Utilities I don't believe I could have got the job done. I have since went to Panda AV 2008 on one of my computers and it sure works swell along side my Online Armor Paid Firewall. Eset definitely needs to have a NOD32 Removal Tool. I also had a problem in the past when I went from NOD32 Trial Version to NOD32 Paid Version. A Removal Tool like Norton and Kaspersky's would be Great.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I partly agree. It's not worthless - but it isn't good at all. NOD32 uninstaller currently does not remove all files/registry keys.

3. Zykan

Zykan Registered Member

I use a program called Your Uninstaller which remembers everything that is installed and therefore removes the exact same.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

What about using control panel>add/remove, and then cleaning up with a registry cleaner after.

5. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Eset does need to improve the uninstaller.

6. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Your Uninstaller is NOT a logged uninstaller like Total Uninstall and therefore doesnt log any changes made to your system to enable it to remove an application completely. It might find a few left over entries by its post - removal scan , but remove it all ? Nope. ;)

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , there are a few things in the uninstaller that definitely need attention but as a whole it isn't really as bad as some here describe it.

8. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

if nod's uninstaller aint good, then what about kaspersky's or threatfire?not to mention norton.........

9. Sir George

Sir George Registered Member

Totally unrelated! Just because some products are worse and some are better at uninstalling their software is no basis for Nod32 not to provide a decent uninstall routine.

10. clint7

clint7 Registered Member

Dr. Pan K , In response to your comment just so you will know Kaspersky and Norton both make a Removal Tool program that works very well. Kasperskys is really great.

11. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

used both and they simply leave behind as much as the nod uninstaller. if u run jv16 regsupreme or some other similar application u ll realize that yourself.actually both these apps have locked up voices in the registry that are really hard to eliminate, even with reg tuning programms.

and to end this discussion, i would appreciate a perfect clean uninstall by eset but i ve seen much much worst in the security industry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.