NOD32KUI Error Message: Freezes PC

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Chamlin, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

Every morning when booting up, I get the following error message: "Error occurred during communication with NOD32 Kernal Service."

Can't even click on the OK button as the PC is frozen. Most often rebooting fixes the issue, but some days it takes multiple reboots till it responds right.

The PC is clearly not done booting up when it happens. Just started this week.

Has anyone else seen this? Recommendations?

One other note: FDISR, as always, is there at pre-windows (XP SP2) boot up, but when Windows gets going, the FDISR icon indicates that it is not functioning.

So I don't know if this is an FDISR issue or a NOD32 issue. I'll post over in FDISR as well.

Firewall: Comodo 2.x

Thanks,
    Chamlin

2. Chamlin

Just got a reply from ESET, guiding me that a reinstallation of NOD32 usually fixes this problem. And if it doesn't to go to 3.0657 (which I'm a bit fearful of as I've read so many peoples posts who reverted to 2.7).

Here goes!

3. Chamlin

I am close to certain that it was a corrupt file in NOD32 2.7. When I tried to update the program it wouldn't take: corruptions. So I uninstalled, and just for good measure, finally gave Comodo 2.4 the boot.

Then installed a fresh NOD32 2.7, (unfortunately, had to reconfigure again (Blackspear's settings).

Also opted for the paid version of Online Armor. Everything seems to be humming right now. We'll see what happens after I turn off the PC later tonight.

Thanks again!
    Chamlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.