Nod32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chaos16, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I have seen the comparatives.

and it seems like Nod32 is doing better than Kaspersky for detection now? i saw wrong about detection here but i remember kaspersky was much better but is Nod32 now more ahead then before? one of the top 5 antivirus with best detection?

Just wanted to know if Nod32 has improved since 2 yrs ago with detection?

BTW i though 3.0 was out but i see 2.7?

this is not a ?? vs ?? btw lol

2. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Beta. Along with the new ESS also in beta.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i dont like the suite beta,

try eicar... it allows it to be downloaded>then unzipped and the file is still there.

as for nod32's detection, i think its 'alright'

always liked nods av program though, we shall see what 3.0 brings.

4. dNor

dNor Registered Member

No interest in the suite so I have not tried it, just been beta-ing NOD32 AV v3, which I don't like as much as v2.7. But that's another thread! :cool:

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

as long as nod32 dont remove that nice screen that pops up when a virus is detected, or have they removed this already for 3.0, is so... bad idea?

the red screen that everyone is familar with.....

6. dNor

dNor Registered Member

New notification window...

Attached Files:

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

so the old red notification screen has gone?

and it also decides automatically what to do.........

:thumbd:

i liked nod32s screen, the best of any other:

image_8406.jpg

and it was animated, it was truly awesome in my opinon, but the news that its gone is ....... well, its utter crap!

8. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Yes it now terminates the connection and quarantines, showing the notification window I attached.

Edit:

If you disable cleaning, this window pops up, which is more of what you like:

Attached Files:

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i hate that they have done that

:thumbd:

good job i aint a paying customer, that would annoy me too much.

10. dNor

dNor Registered Member

See edit if that is what you mean.

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I finally got bit about a month ago, and the old notification screen was still there. Perhaps they mean for ver. 3. Or maybe it changed in the last few weeks. I can wait to find out.:D

12. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Yes, v3 has the changed windows I attached. Notification of action taken if cleaning is on, and the second window if cleaning is off.

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yes, i mean for v3 its changed... thats what im disappointed about.

14. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

OPENING DISCLAIMER...This question is in no way meant as a smart-a$$ comment; it's just a curiosity question.

And now on to the question :)........If you don't use NOD why would it bother you if they change it?

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

most people, and probably yourself only use 1 AV.

so i answer yours with another question,

do you think you are allowed to comment on other AV's?

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Don't worry C.S.J , if you want to use NOD32 , v2 will be supported for some time . Detection in both versions is the same

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

nah, i have another AV's lol

its just my opinion, about this screen.

everyone deserves an opinion :D

although HiTech_boy, i would have no problems using Nod32 myself, i think its a fine AV.

but the removal of this screen has bugged me a little, i didnt know they were removing it from v3.

18. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

Yes, I believe I, you, and anyone else, is permitted to comment on other AV's; I was simply curious as to why it would bother you that NOD made changes to the alert pop-up of their program. If you don't use the product you will never have to look at it.

I personally could care less what any company does with their product as long as it doesn't directly affect me.

19. dNor

dNor Registered Member

It's just changed a little bit and not on by default. I like the new look, but don't like how you need to disable cleaning to get it to show.

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont like the new nod32 eiether tbh.
    its just a new front end with the same options in the advanced interface with better cleaning. and to acess the advanced options you have to scroll left and right and cant expand the coloum.
    imo they should of at least made the advanced options tab expandable.
    its hard to change advanced options when you have to scroll to see it all.
    lodore

21. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I certainly have to agree with you there. The options do seem a little... "claustrophobic"? I dont know if that is the correct word to describe it. It just seems a little cramped.

If the RC is anything like the final product, ill probably be sticking to V2.

It will be interesting to see if it develops further though.

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The new product is much better for the majority of user . By default you open the GUI with Standart mode and it has nothing more than simply protection enabled and update settings . This mean by default the product will take care of the user automatically . Do you know how many clients I have which want to grab the product , give it a few clicks and that is it . Everything else is hidden from them , visible to use only by the advanced users . I think each and every advanced user can get on well with them if necessary.

And yes , I say if necessary , because I find v3 much improved when it comes to these . The default settings are much better than they were in v2 (not that v2 is not OK) . Something I'll always remember is once working on an old lady's laptop. She wanted me install her Skype and newly bought microphone+web cam which she can use along with Skype . The cam sofware came bundled with Adware which NOD32 detected upon install but what was most interesting to me is that AMON was with default settings (a.k.a ask what to do when threat found) . She told me she has seen this "red thing" numerous times but didn't know what to do . The new one simply appears to just let you know it has done the job for you and that in the background - and that is by default - no further user interaction!!! It sits there for just 10 seconds , the old one will sit there for 500 seconds :)

So ... these are small but important to be done improvements . What I descibed has nothing to do with the detection/cleaning and it may not be important to you and to me but it is essential for these most users.:D

23. dNor

dNor Registered Member

For myself at home, I much prefer v2's GUI to the new one.

However, I'm a network admin and at work we use NOD32, so the new GUI in v3 will be much nicer for the users if/when they do look at it, since it is a lot more "user-friendly".

Definiately agree. v2's defaults needed a lot of attention, and v3's seem to be better.

24. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Very good point you have made there HiTech. Perhaps I have been a little "elitist" perhaps? Of course not everyone is an AV expert :ouch:

In terms of making the software more accessable to the "average joe", Eset have done a rather nice job. I do like the new interface very much - its just the options layout that perplexes me. Sure, I can work with it and live with it, but im still going to be mildly irritated by it ;)

At least until I find that it is already set up for me in the best way possible :D

25. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I didn't mean this :)

Don't worry , v2 will be supported by ESET and detection in both v2 and v3 is the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.