NOD32 & Zone Alarm Pro

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Wiseloki, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiseloki

Wiseloki Registered Member

I'm a newbie to NOD32, running the trial version until I decide to buy either NOD32 or Kaspersky - so far NOD32 has seriously impressed, particularly with the help of Blackspear's "settings" sticky. I have just moved away from NAV 2004.

One question -I noticed that an email attachment (an HTML webpage, I think) was forbidden by ZAP's email control, but NOD32 didn't seem bothered. As NOD is pretty smokey, should I disable the "email scanning" feature in ZAP now, to avoid conflict? If yes, for inbound, outbound or both?

Advice appreciated, as I'm a fairly low-level user.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Wiseloki, welcome to Wilders.

I let Nod32 handle 100% of my emails, so for me you could disable that feature in ZA Pro.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Wiseloki

Wiseloki Registered Member

Thanks for the advice, Blackspear - I take it that there's nothing out there that ZAP would find and stop that NOD32 wouldn't?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure.

You are asking in the Nod32 Forum, however saying this, ZA Pro is designed primarily as a Firewall, whereas Nod32 has its main focus on Viruses, Trojans and now Spyware.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.