NOD32 x64 v4 will not install on Vista x64

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MarcLister, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcLister

MarcLister Registered Member

I downloaded the x64 version of the NOD32 v4 installer yesterday and have not been able to install it. Whenever I run the installer it runs fine until the progress bar reaches the "Compiling data files" part of the install. After perhaps 30 seconds or so, the installer initiates a roll-back and exits itself. I have deleted the ESET folder in Program Files and Program Data and restarted my PC but the same thing happens. v3 will install fine.

I've looked in my Event Viewer and I can see some interesting errors occuring roundabout when I try to install NOD32 v4. The error codes are (in order of occurrence) 10006, 7000 and 7030. If anyone can tell me what is going wrong or what I can do to try and solve this problem I'd be very, very happy. :)

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Marc,

The final verions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security version 4 just came out yesterday. Therefore, since they are brand new releases, there are still probably many bugs in them. If version 3 works for you, I'd recommend staying with v3 (I think I will) for a few weeks until a new build(s) is released to fix the bugs or more modules are updated to fix the bugs. Maybe someone who has experience with v4 already can better assist you in resolving your problem.

However, you could try this:

Completely remove v3 before installing v4:
    • Start>All Programs>ESET>ESET NOD32 Antivirus>Uninstall.
    • Delete the INFCACHE.1 file located in C:\WINDOWS\inf folder.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Delete the ESET folder in C:\Program Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET, and
      C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET
    ESET's Knowledgebase article on how to remove EAV/ESS

Then download the ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Final installer again and try to install it. Make sure you don't have anything running in the background that could interfere with it. Also, make sure you download the 64-bit (x64) installer since you have a 64-bit operating system.

Please let me know if this resolved your issue or update me if it didn't.

Regards,

Mark.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  3. MarcLister

Thanks Mark. I'll give that a try later on. But you are right, v3 works so it might be an idea to stay on this anyway. I'm just a bit concerned that no-one else on Vista x64 seems to be having this same issue.

4. MarcLister

Didn't work I'm afraid. Exactly the same error occurs. Both v3 and v4 wait a bit at the "Compiling data files" stage but v3 then continues onto starting the services I think. Perhaps this is where v4 falls down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.