NOD32 worth it?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kuba, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yes this is because it's the official support forum for NOD32 ...
    Do you ask the same ****** on KAV or Avast forums?

Oh and a trick question: Are you an **** Like fully devoted n' stuff.. ?

edited some unfriendly wording. Let's play nice OK? - paul

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  2. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

You're on XP, right ?
    Simple question : what's your mobo brand ?

Myself I've got an Asus A7N8X-X + XP Pro : it shows the very same symptoms right from the beginning of the very first+clean install. (new mobo)
    When I go into My Computer, click on the diskette icon, the same pop up appears : I just wait 3 seconds and then hopla, there it goes : showing the contents of the diskette for example. I tried every setting I could be reasonable sure of it would something have to do with this "circus", to no avail.

Else the machine is working OK, it's just this little glitch but I've gotten used to it.

3. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Brian, that's why I didn't dignify his reply with my own.
    Not worth it.
    He posted anonymously, that usually says a lot about character :)
    Let him flame. Whatever floats his boat:D

4. kuba

kuba Registered Member

That's EXACTLY the mobo I have. lol great, so this is a problem that can't be fixed I guess. I'll TRY to get used to it, but my tolerance level mixed in with my self-diagnosed A.D.D. won't help. :D:eek::rolleyes::D
    Also happening on my friends computer and she's on a A7V8X mobo.
    I do stand corrected however, just before leaving my house, I believe the exclusion I made did work.
    When I get home, I'll let you know and verfiy it to myself again.

5. BJStone

OK, I'll keep an eye (or two) on the thread.

6. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Nope, it didn't work lol.*puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

7. Duopteron

Duopteron Guest

As far as the assembler vs hand tuned machine language aspect, I did not see a clear answer yet ; additionally, one would wonder about kernel thread, semaphore synchronization.
    - One big preoccupation about NOD32 is the lsp (layer service provider) ; first the quality of the lsp that was chosen, and then whether it is worth forfeiting the standard MS troubleshooting tools (kernel debugger, etc...) because of the alternate lsp, i.e. not MSAD.

- the next one is the licensing cost if you have several OS or machines at home. Nothing clear on the nod32usa.com site.
    Assuming you have 3 machines at home that triple-boot, and you want coverage in the 9 installed OS for 2 years ; how much is this going to cost ?
    For instance Grisoft states you only need one license per machine even if you dual-boot.

8. BJStone

Kuba : I've experimented a little today with the machine regarding the diskette problem; With and without NOD. The problem lies with the mobo. Only thing I haven't tried yet is physically disconnecting the drive and removing/swithing to the diskette drive being not present in the BIOS, due of lack to another solution I'm thinkin' of: an external USB diskette drive.

9. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Ya, I think I'm going to email Eset and ask them what they think can be done about this. My diskette drive is physically off the mobo, as for the BIOS, well it's not even in the boot up sequence, so this is a little challenge, but I'll figure it out, or we'll. ;)*puppy* :cool: :cool:

10. BJStone

I think it's about time right now to open up a new topic under :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=112918

...because we're going way off topic ; Because my machine has te same weird problem I have taken the opportunity to start a new thread at the link above.
    See you there.

BTW : I'm hesitant about you're mailing about this to Eset, it's not their problem but a problem of the mobo.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  11. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe they've encountered this before and help solved the issue.*puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

"Unprecedented scanning speed and reliability of this multiple award winning code is partly due to the assembler programming of the critical modules of the system."

From here: http://www.eset.info/products.html

Acadia

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

nod32 is ok

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you need one license per MACHINE for windows - your license allows you to download all the windows versiona and as only one can be used at a time, you're going to be ok with one license per machine. However, the windows license doesn't cover linux workstation, so if you have one of your boot partitions as linux, you're going to need a separate license for that.

hth

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.