nod32 wont update on vista x64

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Panini, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panini

Panini Registered Member

hi all,

I'm new to these forums, so please don't bash me for asking stupid questions. I've been searching and haven't found anything about this.

I have been succesfully running nod32 at my own place for nearly half a year now with no problems. I even updated to v4, no problems and it works well. This is on a vista 32 bit system. Now my parents bought a new desktop and they;ve asked me to install it. there is a preinstalled norton thing on there, but i kicked it out of there because i like nod32 far better. So I downloaded a fresh version of the nod32 V4 64 bit, yes, I bought a new code. It installs fine but after that it won't update. It just says ''virus signature database could not be updated'' and ''an error occured while downloadingupdate files''.

I've searched everywhere, checked and rechecked my username and password, but I don't suspect the problem lays with that. I think that nod32 doesn't recognise the internet. I don't know why. I've got the default IE V7 and the IE V7x64 installed on the computer, they were already there, and only the V7x64 version works. The normal version just says ''page cannot be displayed'', as if I don't have an internet connection.

I already reinstalled V4 several times now. I've done everything that is published in the help files, and im beginning to get a little desparate here...

I hope someone can help me, it would greatly be appreciated.

kind regards

panini

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.