NOD32 won't load on start up

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by at5goat, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. at5goat

at5goat Registered Member

I have a HP G60 with Vista. I had a problem with the touch pad not working and called HP about it. They directed me to F10 as the system booted and go to an area where I unchecked several boxes, one of them being NOD32. Since then I cant get NOD32 to load on startup, I have to manually start it. I can't get anyone who speaks english at HP or who knows anything past reading the screen in front of them. I don't know anything about Vista or what changed. I checked the startup on start box in NOD but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello at5goat....Welcome to Wilders,

Without assuming and to make sure your thread is in the proper forum, which version of Nod32 is installed ?

Do you recall if these boxes were part of MSconfig and did it look similar to the below pic ?

Bubba

vista_msconfig_startup_tab.gif

3. at5goat

I have antivirus 4 installed and Yes, it looked exactly like that.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I have moved us now to where the 4.0 ver of Nod is discussed instead of the 2.7 forum :)
    Have you gone back to the Startup tab of msconfig and placed a check mark back in the box for the EGUI Startup Item entry if it still exists ?

If you have tried all that, I'd suggest a re-install over the top of the installation that's there now. Shouldn't take but a few minutes and you should be good to go.

Bubba

5. at5goat

I appreciate your input and time. I didn't know where to go in order to go to the system configuration. I checked the box and NOD is up and running. Thanks again.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.