NOD32 with Cellular Broadband PCMCIA Cards

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by CarlB, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlB

CarlB Former Eset Employee

After running into several of these cases recently, I think this may deserve a thread and possible addition to the FAQ.

If a cellular-based PCMCIA wireless card is being used for internet connectivity, and the bundled connection management software is also being used (Sprint is the largest offender I've seen in the US so far) then NOD32 may detect that a proxy server is being used even when it is not.

This can result in receiving "Server Connection Failure" when trying to update NOD32.

This is fixed by going into the NOD32 Control Center -> Update -> Setup -> Advanced -> Setup (for Proxy server) and unchecking the "Use proxy server" option.

Checking "None" as the internet connection type during installation will also circumvent this error, it seems.

Has anyone else seen this, or have anything else to add?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Can't say I'd ever run into that...as when setting up, I always uncheck "Use Proxy"..except for the few ISA setups out there.

For cellular...I'd probably select "Dial Up"

3. jolli

jolli Registered Member

i often use a hspda mobile wireless broadband card with nod32.
    i connect through a dialup connection in network connections.
    i do not use bundled software. yes turn off proxy & set up dial up connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.