NOD32 + Windows Live Mail + Calendar Sync ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JuliusB, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I don't want to raise any wrong alarms, just collect some data since I am investigating into a WL Mail sync problem..
    If you guys use Windows Live Mail and NOD32, do you have any problems syncing Live calendar events?
    If you have, please also provide more details like what OS you are running.

2. Crawlerz

Crawlerz Registered Member

I have vista running NOD32 also. I have problems syncing my hotmail calendar usin WL Mail too. doesnt sync (come up with error) and does do reminders because of that. can this be fixed?

p.s. tried using outlook 2007 - it sees my hotmail and all folders therein BUT doesnt see the contents of any folder but inbox. in "which folders to sync" only inbox can be checked. why?

3. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

OK, first this is a known problem and I was contacted by Microsoft and they said they are working on it. Second, I was told other people using OTHER AV products are experiencing this problem too, so it's likely not NOD32 related.
    Now about the WL Mail calendar sync problem here is what is currently known:

*high cpu usage and sync error is caused by calendar sync, not by mail checking
    *for some reason calendar sync gets corrupted sometimes, this can be fixed by either:
    -clicking "stop signing in" and not signing in to Live.
    -exiting WL MAil and deleting Calendar directory in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Win dows Live Mail\Calendars". here you will see a folder named by your Live account. if you delete it, sync should work fine again.
    *what causes the problem is currently unknown, but I found calendar sync gets problematic again if I press "stop signing in" in options and then later sign in again.
    *it's worth noting that online Live and offline Calendars in WML are different and events are stored separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.