NOD32-Win Me: Any Support Deadline??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by COSMO26, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Another Forum post by an MS-MVP implies a possible drop of Win Me Support by AV vendors as done by Zone Alarm and Symantec. Marcos (anyone), do you know ESET's intentions re: Win Me? VISTA requires a new computer for me, and being only "average computer literate", the XP hardware-software migration headaches can best be handled with as much warning as possible. Many Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We do not plan to discontinue NOD32 for Win9x systems any time soon. As long as there are many customers who use it there's no reason to do so.

3. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

That's wonderful, I can keep recommending NOD32 to all my friends and acquaintances at the many forums where I provide help.

4. COSMO26

Thanks, Marcos. I'll be looking for the pop-up window in October that it's time to renew - 2-Year rate is a no-brainer! To remind the U.S. users whose New license starts on the day they renew, I'll have to decide whether to renew at 11:59:59 pm on the last day to claim full use of last year's fee, or lose 52 cents of the fee by renewing a week early. The stress is getting to me already!

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

cosmo26, resellers such as ourselves (and a couple of others) have this renewal date thing sorted out - there is no need to lose time on your renewal by purchasing a little early!

6. pykko

pykko Registered Member

That's a good news even if I'm not using Win9X anymore. I remember reading on another AV vendor website tey are going to discontinue their support on 30 June 2007. :doubt:

7. COSMO26

Hi, WebYourBusiness - Duly noted. I hope you know that was a little tongue-in-cheek humor on the 52 cents but the other viewers now know they can plan for Vendor coordinated purchase if desired. Since Reunions often have a prize for who travels the longest distance to attend, I once Reply'd to All on a college reunion email and asked if the people coming from California got a special prize since they were coming from another planet. No one got that humor either, so my comedian days are over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.