nod32 will not "remember" settings on restart

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by besonen, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. besonen

besonen Registered Member

(note i'm replying to this ess thread even though i'm using the antivirus product because i'm experiencing the same problem.)

i'm experiencing this same issue in trial mode on 'Windows XP Pro SP-1' and 'Windows XP Home SP-3'. this is preventing me from testing out nod32 antivirus 4.0.437.0 prior to deploying it to my clients (i'm new to nod32 av v4).

so are you saying it's not possible to permanently disable certain modules?

so you can disable scanning per protocol permanently but you cannot disable the actual modules?

imho, depending on the workstation usage scenario the optimal module configuration varies.

it's hard for me not to imagine that eset did not create a way to permanently disable certain modules. does anyone know how to do this?

this is important to me also.

thanks,
    david

2. besonen

besonen Registered Member

i cannot get nod32 to "remember" the setting changes i make after it restarts.

also, if i load the previously exported settings after restart the changes are not implemented (specifically, i disabled certain functions like email scanning that are automatically re-enabled and can only be disabled by manually doing so--iow, loading the exported settings that include disabled email scanning does not disable email scanning) .

i posted about this in some detail in the ess sub-forum:

~link removed removed....see note below~

has anyone seen this problem and know of how to fix it? i'm using nod32 av 4.0.437.0 in trial mode (i'm testing v4 out before deploying it to my clients) and i'm seeing this problem on 'Windows XP Pro SP-1' and 'Windows XP Home SP-3'.

thanks,
    david

note: since member started separate thread in EAV Forum, post from ESS Forum was merged so as not to have duplicate discussions about their issue....Bubba

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Modules are re-enabled after a restart for security reasons. However, there's an option to not load real-time scanner on startup that you can enable or disable plus you can disable http/pop3 checking which, in effect, will disable email/web protection. If you use some of the supported email clients, you'll also need to disable integration with the email client.

4. videobruce

videobruce Registered Member

While I understand the reason for this, I find it unacceptable that there isn't a override. There are functions I do NOT want to run for various reasons. I don't want to go back into the GUI everytime I bootup to disable them again.

Give the user the option to disable anything he wants without it restoring on the next boot. Surely a typical disclaimer when one does this should be suffecient. You could also require a password to disable a function so as not to allow 3rd party programs to do this.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As I wrote, you can disable HTTP/POP3 scanning as well as integration with email clients which will have the same effect as disabling web/email; protection permanently. Remember that by doing so you make your computer less protected against threats incoming from the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.