Nod32 web site

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by volvic, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volvic

volvic Registered Member

On the Nod32 web site they compare NOD32 to various av's, but why not Avira?

Also, on the prevx.com web site, under "Threats missed by other security vendors", NOD32 seems to have missed the most threats!

Have I just wasted my money on NOD32?

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

If these statistics bother you why did you spend your money on it to begin with?
    Why didn't you get Avira and/or Prevx instead?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Regarding Prevx, you probably overlooked the explanation below the chart:
    Further to this, the statistics don't take into account if the AV programs were fully up to date or if all protection modules were enabled. We've already discussed Prevx in the past and we will not do it again. You should find the previous discussion by searching ESET's forums.

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hello,

Don't believe everything you read. Just take things with a grain of salt and sit back, relax and analyze the meaning of what you just read with factual facts at hand.

Regards,

Carlos

5. volvic

volvic Registered Member

That is a silly question. Why don't you ask them, why are they marketing the product?

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

How is it a silly question? It sounds like to me that you didn't do your homework before you paid for the product, and now your complaining after the fact. Instead of looking at statistics from Eset's website or rival products websites, how about looking at independent 3rd party testing from organizations that aren't marketing their product? Any organization that markets it's product is going to present statistics in a way that is in their favor. To think otherwise is being a little naive.:doubt:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

http://www.av-test.org/

http://www.virusbtn.com/index

7. GAN

GAN Registered Member

You didn't waste your money. If you check with Symantec you will find their AV on top and the same for all other AV software out there. Also if you want to compare AV software you should check with some independent sites and you might want to check more then one since the result vary. It's hard to test antivirus and create a accurate ranking. There are many criteria's to look at and hard to measure them. Nod32 at last place at the prevx website i wouldn't really worry about. JohnnyDollar gave you some links to look at.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

also Prevx has stated several times that the figures are based on the number of users using that software. So in easy terms Eset may be higher because of the high number of users of that product compared to say Webroot. So in my view it only says a lot of folks use Eset for a good reason. And I disagree with Prevx on the fact that all of their detections could also not be FPs. With all due respect their largest thread is titled, " False Positives and missing detections." Does that not say something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.