NOD32 Version 2 Socket Problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MikeDC, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeDC

MikeDC Registered Member

I have been a huge fan of NOD32 and recommend it faithfully however I discovered my first ever issue with NOD32 after the release of Version 2.

My company uses an application which calls a COM object within IE in order to install software. This application works fine under NOD's pre-2 releases however the Version 2 software causes the COM object to immediately declare a Socket 10106 error. This problem persists even when the IMON and DMON modules are disabled and even when I have completely disabled NOD32 and stopped it's services.

There is something in the way that NOD32 VERSION 2 manages the networking on the computer which causes some applications to fail to make a socket and I have not seen any way to workaround this and have had to resort to using the pre-2 release of NOD32 until this is corrected.

Anyone with similar problems and/or suggestions?

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi MikeDC:

Was this version 2.12.2 or 2.12.3 (which is not a mirror update)?

Since you are getting a socket error, have you tried running the winsockfix found here?

You may also want to run the Network Protocol Enumerator found here and send to support@nod32.com with a description of your issue.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  3. MikeDC

MikeDC Registered Member

Ok... did some testing...

Version 2.12 and 2.13 gave the same results.. whatever registry edits/networking changes NOD32 does, it blocks access to the sockets. I ran the winsock fix and it worked but IMON was disabled after the reboot.. when enabled, it re-modified the TCP/IP and after reboot, back to the same problem.

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Did the application work with the 2.000.9 version of NOD32?

Is the application commercial or created within the organization?

It does sound like an IMON issue since running the winsockfix works until IMON is re-registered.

5. MikeDC

MikeDC Registered Member

It's an internal organization COM application that I can't legally share with Eset to have fixed. For now, I have IMON set to not automatically repair network changes until I can figure out a workaround.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.