NOD32 Ver4 Causes server to hang (Nonresponsive)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by alanrimer, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanrimer

alanrimer Registered Member

Hi hope you can help. We sold our client NOD32 after installing it on a 30day trial but only rolling out to about 25 computers. The server we installed nod on was an HP DL380G4 and was re-installed two weeks before we installed NOD32 with Windows 2003 64bit SP2. Everything went fine and worked but after a day or two the server started to give problems 2 or 3 times a day. The screen was either black or just blue (not the blue screen of death). We could ping the server but couldn’t connect to it in any way. After a reboot everything was fine and there was nothing unusual in the logs. I tried HP firmware upgrades, Windows updates etc... but the problem continued.

We then moved the Nod Admin console to another server, which was a domain controller as well as the WSUS server. This was an HPDL320 with Server 2003 Sp2 32bit. The move went well and all the computers moved across very easily. After a day or two the same problems as the previous server started happening. I changed the update times (frequency that the computers connect to remote admin) from 5 minutes to 30 minutes as I thought maybe the server couldn’t handle the traffic from 150pc’s.

Next I moved it to a brand new HPML110 server Windows2003 SP2 32 bit which was also a domain controller and guess what it wasn’t long and same problem. I enabled logging on the HP5304 switch to monitor the traffic and the traffic was not excessive and no different prior to the server being non responsive.

Well on Tuesday I installed another brand new ML110 server which is a standalone server Windows2003 32bit not a domain controller specifically for NOD32 and its doing the same thing. I can ping it but can’t connect to it and it now has to be hard reset to get it functional again. Remote restarts i.e shutdown /r /m \\computer /f don’t work.*puppy*

2. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

3. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

4. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

REMOVE v4 from the server and install 3.0.695.

v4 is NOT ready for servers, and I really wish ESET would admit this and STOP recommending people use it.

Also, be damn sure you add *all* of the exclusions Microsoft recommends for whatever your server is running.

Last, please complain LOUDLY to ESET about their unwillingness to have these exclusions BUILT-IN, and ENABLED BY DEFAULT for BOTH servers AND workstations.

I'm seriously considering changing from ESET for this one reason.

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

yes they should be in place for workstations also, I have read microsoft's website and it clearly states desktop versions of the OS as to be included so I am not sure why eset think only servers need exclusions set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.