NOD32 Ver 4 and MS Update problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Spook, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spook

Spook Registered Member

Hi All,

In the past month I have had problems updating Microsoft Updates (Failing all the time) wondering wether anyone else is having the same problem. (This is on 12 different machines) To fix so far I have had to uninstall Ver4.

I also have a few more machines that have Ver 3 installed No Problems

Thanks

Spook

2. hybridit

hybridit Registered Member

Hi Spook,

I also had this issue, and for some reason, installing DotNet 1.1, SP1 and NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe helped with the updates.

If they were installed and it still failed, I would uninstall and delete all folders under Program Files for Eset after installation, reboot and reinstall. This usually fixes the problem 95% of the time for me anyways.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I saw similar issues on my v4 migration but it turned out that all the machines doing it suffered from bad caps. v4 was more thorough with the archive testing when updates came down, causing more CPU load and a much higher chance of the bad caps to cause processes to crash or blue screens.

4. Spook

Spook Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, built a new machine with Windows 7 did the same thing. Looks like there is a prob with ver 4. Uninstalled Ver 4 and installed Ver 3 not a problem.

Spook

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

No issues whatsoever here, either on the 90-odd XP and Vista machines (x86 and x64) that I manage professionally, nor the 5 Windows 7 (x86 and x64) that I manager in the house! All running 4.0.467, and all happily downloading and installing Windows Updates, either from WSUS or from Windows Update.

The Win7 machines have been running ESET since August. It's Win7 RTM.

If you're seeing problems on 12 machines, and I'm seeing no problems on close to 100, there's a very good chance that it's either something you've got installed, or something to do with the way you have ESET configured.

Smacky: what's "bad caps"o_O?

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.