NOD32 V4 xampp webserver problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cTn, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Hi, i was using old nod till today (everything was working just fine) i installed V4 version, and every page on my system is now generating at least 0.5sec (before 0.0something) i also tried to disable all active protection and this generation time is still the same, any clues what is wrong?

2. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Noone came across this issue? :( mysql link is just really really slow 0.5sec every connection :(

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi cTn,

How does your performance change if you a) de-select 'Scan all files' from realtime protection, or b) add exclusions for your database, or c) exclude your xampp services & applications from scanning, or d) all of the above depending on what operating system you are using etc. ??
    Screenshot - 8_03_2009 , 7_52_59 AM.png

Cheers :)

4. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Hello NOD32 user :) i did all of the above, no change (problem is not the performance) as i see it during page generating, CPU usage is about 20%, but it looks, that mysql connecton, just hangs for 0.5655 sec, i disabled all of the futures (real time, document, email, web access protection) still getting same 0.5sec hang, i am running windows vista 32bit, do u have any other ideas (with old nod, the V3 i didnt had any problems at all with my xampp, i dont even have any exclusion set for xampp folder, so thank u very much for your reply, and i look forward for some solutions (i hope i can fix this somehow) :(

5. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Any other ideas? its a bit important for me :( i tested this on 2 computers, so its definitely some nod32 V4 and xampp conflict (maybe i should specify this as (nod32 V4 mysql server problem) but i am not sure yet

i tested also easy PHP, same issue, 0.5sec hang times

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  6. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Still no one came across this issue

7. NOD32 user

Hi cTn,

I saw your message and I do use XAMPP here for some private testing however I don't use any MySQL with it, and I have nothing to test your issue with here so I'm not sure I can be of more assistane for your issue than I have alerady.

You are using Vista - do you have SP1 installed or not (this makes a difference to the way the http scanner is intergrated), or was SP1 installed before NOD32 v4 or after?

8. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Hello :) yes i have SP1 installed, and it was installed before NOD32 v4, but as i noticed, when i disabled all resident protection, this issue still persists, (in my opinion it looks like, when is php connecting to mysql, it looks like DNS server is hanging for 0.5sec, but that is just my guess, is 100% caused by the NOD32 v4 but i cant find out what "exactly" is causing this, if u find some time, you could try for example EasyPhp, (installation package is smaller then xampp) and as far i know they are both portable, so u dont need to worry about some crap left in system etc. well thats enough from my for now, ill wait for your reply, too bad noone seems to have clue what is happening =(

9. cTn

cTn Registered Member

bump !

10. cTn

cTn Registered Member

This issue still persists in 4.0.417.0 :(

11. cTn

cTn Registered Member

bump !

12. cTn

cTn Registered Member

bump !

13. NOD32 user

Hi cTN,

If you have a link for the application you are running on XAMPP I'd be glad to download it and install and take a look - As mentioned previously I do use XAMPP internally for some testing but I have nothing running MySql.

14. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Hi :) i think this would be enough for your test

Code:
    <?php 

// pgt start (measures page generation time)

$pgt_start = microtime(true);
    	function pgt() {
    		global $pgt_start;

return print round(microtime(true) - $pgt_start, 4);
    	}
    	// pgt end

$db = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', '') or die('Could not connect to the database');

echo pgt();

?>
    This script just connects to the mysql server, just save him into for example test.php and execute from your browsers, u should see page generation time returned in seconds, (with the issue i am talking about, time returned should be 0.5 sec) when it works fine, u should see something like 0.0something)

15. pain4gain

pain4gain Registered Member

Did you install ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security?

Apply all 3 suggestions below. I'd be suprised if you still have the same issue after applying these settings.

1. What are the recommended settings for an ESET security solution installed on a server? (4.0)
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2144

2.How do I exclude certain files or folders from real-time scanning? (4.0)
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2153
    Make sure to exclude your database.

3. Adjust Web Acesss Protection

Open the ESET NOD32 window, then push F5(Advanced Setup Tree)
    Go to ‘Web access protection’ > ‘HTTP’ > ‘Web browsers’.
    Uncheck all
    Go to ‘Protocol filtering’ on the left
    Select ‘Applications marked as Internet browsers and e-mail clients’ then push OK.

16. NOD32 user

With my current settings much like I suggested earlier, from 10 runs there was nothing higher than 0.007 and most around 0.005 across my LAN from a dual PIII 400 box with EAV 4.0.314.0 and while running two Prime95 threads, one for each CPU so the process is heavily loaded. I did manage after about 20 tries to get one as high as 0.1 seconds.

Are you running PHP/ MySQL as user or service?
    Anything else you think I should know about your setup?
    Please confirm EAV or ESS?

Let me know and I'll try some more to reproduce what you are experencing.

17. cTn

cTn Registered Member

I use EAV latest version (V3 runs just fine) this happens only in V4, i tried both xampp and easy php always same thing, maybe u could try EAV with default settings? i run xampp as administrator (not as service), hmm dunno which info i could give u, my windows defender is disabled, i use windows firewall (doesnt help when i turn him off), ofc same thing happens when i tried ESS, i would love to run V4 but i have no clue what i am doing wrong

18. cTn

cTn Registered Member

19. NOD32 user

Reset all default settings and reboot - no change. Even with all possible scanning options enabled and apache set as a browser in http checking it only climed slightly to average around 0.008 seconds.

What happens if you temporarily disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service (assuming it is safe to do so) and reboot?

What happens if you run a winsock repair and reboot?

My next step would be to download a fresh copy of EAV v4 for your operating system direct from ESET, uninstall your current version and reboot and then remove any ESET files and folders you can find anywhere in the file system, and also in the registry and then install your freshly downloaded copy of EAV with XAMPP not running, and reboot again before running update and then finally launching XAMPP again once all that is complete.

After that, if you're not right I'd call in the experts 'cos I'm stumped! :ninja:

20. cTn

cTn Registered Member

What happens if you temporarily disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service (assuming it is safe to do so) and reboot? - nothing, same problem

winsock repair ? could u explain little more?

i already tried to download latest version, uninstall and then make a fresh install, there must be something that i am doing wrong because, SAME exactly same problem i have on both pc, which one runs on x32 and other one on x64 and have completely different hardware, i dont understand what could be the problem, V3 runs fine, V4 (dead end) i tried all of the "server settings" for EAV, vrrr VRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  21. NOD32 user

Winsock repair:
    Having sought some advice, it seems we're essentially at this point --> here

Please post back after trying the Winsock repair.

22. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Soooo.. winsock repair didnt help :(, i also installed win 7 on virtual machine (with virtual box) all i installed there, was google chrome, total commander and easy php, i added the test script i posted here, and time was 0.5 sec, so tel me what the hell i did wrong? i didnt even install any drivers, no settings was changed...

23. NOD32 user

Should mention: just re-read the thread from the top and realised I was trying to duplicate the issue on an XP box but you're running Vista. Tried default XAMPP on Vista and it's .5 seconds exactly as stated with ESS BE
    Workaround for you: Install ESS & reboot, in the advanced setting navigate to Personal Firewall, System Intergration and choose 'Personal firewall is completely disabled', OK, etc. and then reboot
    I am running both XAMPP components as services rather than user.

Please post back and let us know how that goes for you so far :)

24. cTn

cTn Registered Member

Of i give this a try ASAP, sorry for me asking but ESS BE states for ? i know eset smart security, but dunno what BE means, aand there will be any workaround when i use EAV? or i will be forced to use ESS ? thank u very much for your help :)

25. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

BE = Business Edition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.