NOD32 V4 + Vista SP2 Fix

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by berryracer, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

For all of you who are having the red icon in the taskbar notifying you that NOD32 has a problem, here is *my* personal fix. Maybe it would work if you use the settings that I do.

For us to do this, we need to have UAC disabled always, I don't have a problem with that, since that is the way I have my PC all the time. I don't need UAC, it is just plain annoying and I know what I run I don't need anything to monitor my usage. If you agree to disable UAC then here are the steps, very simple.

1) Install Windows Vista *duh* :rolleyes:
    2) Install Vista SP2 FTW
    3) Install NOD32 v4.0.437 (32-Bit) or (64-Bit)
    4) You will get the red NOD32 icon in the taskbar notifying you that NOD32 has a problem! Great!
    5) Restart your PC, problem fixed.
    6) Update you virus signatures.

Note: I have tried this solution, and restarted after that twice, and NOD32 is still working. I always have UAC disabled by default as it is just useless/annoying. I don't need any gadget telling me what is my system trying to do or install. I know what I do.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

UAC or no UAC the elusive bug is there regardless. However, UAC in itself provides actual security even if you might not like it :)

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

So how come the above fix works perfectly for me even I have restarted many times after applying the above?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

for the same reason that i had no problem, with uac enabled, with sp2 and last 2 ess builds. A fluke :)

5. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

for the past 2 days (since Friday afternoon) NOD32 is working totally ok (with UAC enabled), so far no red icon. Keep you posted.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.