NOD32 V4 + Vista SP2 Fix

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by berryracer, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

For all of you who are having the red icon in the taskbar notifying you that NOD32 has a problem, here is *my* personal fix. Maybe it would work if you use the settings that I do.

For us to do this, we need to have UAC disabled always, I don't have a problem with that, since that is the way I have my PC all the time. I don't need UAC, it is just plain annoying and I know what I run I don't need anything to monitor my usage. If you agree to disable UAC then here are the steps, very simple.

1) Install Windows Vista *duh* :rolleyes:
    2) Install Vista SP2 FTW
    3) Install NOD32 v4.0.437 (32-Bit) or (64-Bit)
    4) You will get the red NOD32 icon in the taskbar notifying you that NOD32 has a problem! Great!
    5) Restart your PC, problem fixed.
    6) Update you virus signatures.

Note: I have tried this solution, and restarted after that twice, and NOD32 is still working. I always have UAC disabled by default as it is just useless/annoying. I don't need any gadget telling me what is my system trying to do or install. I know what I do.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

UAC or no UAC the elusive bug is there regardless. However, UAC in itself provides actual security even if you might not like it :)

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

So how come the above fix works perfectly for me even I have restarted many times after applying the above?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

for the same reason that i had no problem, with uac enabled, with sp2 and last 2 ess builds. A fluke :)

5. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

for the past 2 days (since Friday afternoon) NOD32 is working totally ok (with UAC enabled), so far no red icon. Keep you posted.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.