NOD32 v4 trial wont update on Win 7, "Installed virus signature database is current"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by frdd, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Hi all!

NOD32 Antivirus 4 64-bit (trial) on Windows 7 x64 wont let me update virus definitions, stating that it is not necessary since the installed virus signature database is current.

The signature database version installed is 3890 (20090226).

Any ideas?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Re: NOD32 v4 trial wont update on Win 7, "Installed virus signature database is curre

Thanks for the quick answer!

I've followed the guide and after going through UAC/Windows file protection hell to delete the file & folders as directed, I ended up with a new problem, the NOD32 engine wouldnt start.

Maybe it was because I got overly enthusiastic and deleted the em0**_64.dat files as well as the em0**32.dat ones?

Anyways, i uninstalled NOD32, downloaded a new trial from from here and basically Im back to square one, no updates and NOD32 claiming that 3890 is the latest virus definitions.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Re: NOD32 v4 trial wont update on Win 7, "Installed virus signature database is curre

Did you try restarting your computer?

5. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Yes when called for in the guide and one more time now just for good measure.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Perhaps an ESET moderator will have an answer for you. If you are not getting an error message and the program will not update to the latest definitions, it may be on the update server side.

Can you ping u20.eset.com? I'm not sure that is the correct server for your version but am curious.

7. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Yep ping works fine to u20.eset.com

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks. Only ESET can answer this question as it stands now.

9. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Hang on, an update seemed to be coming in after trying to update again. Maybe the ping loosened up something..

~20% of the 10+ MB update finished and now Im instead getting an invalid Username/password error?

I was under the impression that Trials did not require a username?

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

As far as I know, to trial the programs now, you will be sent a temporary username and password after entering your email address.

http://www.eset.eu/download/ess-trial-form

11. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Weird stuff. Cleared update cache from F5 dialog and rebooted, again says no updates needed.

Repeatedly trying to start an update gives 50/50 no updates needed or user/pw required error.

At try #10 an update starts downloading again, so fingers crossed im going AFK for pizza and a movie.

12. frdd

frdd Registered Member

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

:blink: If the program doesn't update, maybe you should apply for a temporary license at ESET.EU. :D

14. frdd

frdd Registered Member

Once again got an update downloading, at 18MB of 18,6 it failed and gave me user/pw error. Seems I can get it running by spamming the updatebutton, wonder what will happen if it manages to grab 100% of the update...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.