NOD32 V4 partial install due to computer crash

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spikypaddy, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spikypaddy

spikypaddy Registered Member

Hi there

We've recently started using NOD32 under a business license for up to 5 machines. I've carried out a couple of successful installs and am very happy with the program.

However, I have a problem with the latest machine I tried to run the install on. I set the install going, entered username and password and left the install to run. Part way through, the Windows Vista machine crashed and upon reboot there are modules of NOD32 not running. The software informs me that it needs reinstallation, as it cannot start real time protection or application analysis protocols.

I can't reinstall - there are NOD32 process that cannot be stopped to allow overwriting of files from the partial install. When trying to re-run install an error message says setup was cancelled and will restart upon PC startup - and then fails to resume setup after a system reboot.

I cannot uninstall using "Add/Remove programs" because there is no entry for NOD32. Help! What can I do?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Welcome to the forum!

If there is a Uninstall entrie in Start -> (All) Programs -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus called Uninstall , try from there but in Safe Mode

Otherwise , reboot in Safe Mode with Networking and start deleting manually following these instructions:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN558

They are valid for both NOD32 v3 and v4.

At the end , before installing again , download , install and run from Start -> (All) Programs this Microsoft programs . Check for ESET tracks and remove them (if any).

Finally , install again .

Good luck ! :thumb:

3. spikypaddy

spikypaddy Registered Member

Thanks for that fella, I have a problem though because I cannot delete the "INFCACHE.1" file - it says I do not have the correct permissions, despite being logged on as an admin. Any ideas?

4. philby

philby Registered Member

That happens to me on Vista sometimes - the file normally disappears after next reboot.

philby

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Despite being an administrator , your account doesn't have permission to perform these changes (by default) Look at the following pictures and give your account the neseccary permission .

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png
    Once you erase that file , it will get the same default permissions when it is restored - this is ok .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.