nod32 v4 help (is nod32 losing its edge)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Dimplex, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimplex

Dimplex Registered Member

i'm a great admirer of nod av, and have always used it, i've tried others but there is no competition as far as i'm concerned.
    recently i updated to vista x64, and tried nod v4 trail version because i was having issues with other software.
    my problem is i recently did an ond scan and found 2 threats, most likely because of a fault on my part regarding the settings.
    in the old days u i just followed the setup on these forums (quick and easy) and never had any issues not even a pop-up warning.
    1.(i know that there is a tutorial for v3 av) but is their an idiot proof guide for v4 that may explain some of the options , what they are for or common issues with them.
    2. would anyone agree with me that nod32 is becoming unnecessarily complicated, and isn't as user friendly as it used to be

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Quite the contrary, I think that an average user doesn't need to care much about the program like it was with v2. Simply install it, enter the usernane and password during installation (not necessary with trial versions) and that's it. The program will update automatically and will remove threats automatically. If one needs to carry out a disk scan on demand, simply click Smart scan and that's it, you needn't do anything else.

3. Dimplex

thanx for your reply
    but how come i got two threats on a scan (the pc was new, nod was the first thing i installed).
    how come they got threw nod, is there a guide for the settings.
    the tutorial i followed with version was great, of course i had to tweak it a little to get the best performance for certain programs but everything i needed to know was there in the tutorial in layman's terms.
    thanx Dímplex

4. Dr33

Dr33 Registered Member

maybe its a False Positive

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

There's no way to know without submitting them to Eset for analysis. So why not stop jumping to conclusions and let Eset have a look.

6. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

The day the installer correctly sets up, from the beginning, the exclusions recommended by Microsoft for workstations or Servers (the installer should be smart enough to detect what version of Windows it is being installed on) is the day I'll agree with you.

For now, this is simply and absolutely NOT TRUE.

7. Dimplex

ok people calm down
    just giving my opinion, which is v2 was perfect for me,
    i found it easy to set up never had any issues, no pop-up warnings, slow pc or most importantly viruses.
    i have not got v4 running perfectly on my pc and I'm finding overly complicated.
    i was hoping that there was a recommended settings guide.
    however no doubt soon there will be many more post in these forums helping people like myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.