Nod32 v4 Beta Compatible with Windows 7 Pre Beta!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by Concepts, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

I have installed Nod32 Beta 4 x64 on Windows 7 Pre-Beta x64 Version and it's running flawless. Just a heads up and I will be posting any bugs I happen to encounter in the meantime even though this software isn't meant for Windows 7 currently. Atleast we can get a head start on it if anything. I don't think to much has changed in Windows 7 compared to Vista after all it is the same Windows give or take a few goodies. :)

I have attached a screen shot below!

http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=94yJmv8&i=14284

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Spoiling the party ... Sorry ! :)

A bug I'd like to report . I wanted to write an email but forgot to do it and your screenshots just reminded me :D

The other thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=226432

The current thread and its screenshot can be viewed above .

The "bug" is present in Vista and concerns its experience index . After installing EAV v4 or ESS v4 , Windows reports that the Windows Experience Index must be refreshed (because of change that has occured) . I guess (and may well be wrong but...) , so I guess that Vista detects ESET's services/drivers as new devices and something might change the experience and that is why it needs refreshing .

Windows Experience Index => visit Control Panel -> System (in Windows Vista and in Windows 7)

3. Concepts

I haven't seen this bug on my end at all in Windows 7 with Nod32 v3 or Nod32 v4 Beta. If it pops up I will let you know. :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But how ... have a look at your screenshots ?

Your first thread/post is about 2 hours before this one . In it you have installed EAV v3 on Windows 7 . The screenshot shows correct experience index 5.3 (no need of refreshing) .

picture here

~ 2 hours later you install v4 beta on Windows 7 and ......... have a look carefully , now the index need refreshing

picture here

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
  5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hitech Good eyes there,I had to look twice then I seen it.Looks like a bug to me.:blink:

6. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

Can't comment on Windows 7, but this has not happened on my copy of Vista SP1.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very strange . Could you check again - reinstalling your beta version , installing the other new one , rebooting , manually checking the experience index after reboot ... It is always happening here , the last time tomorrow , when I reinstalled ESS again . I am also with SP1 , Vista Home Preminum.

8. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

Ohh, maybe it's because of that rare version u have. :D

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have created it myself :D :D :D :D :D

10. Concepts

Ahh, I see what you are talking about now. I never realized that because I updated my Nvidia drivers and thought that caused it.

11. pondlife152

Okay, I will try it and let you know.

12. pondlife152

Okay, I haven't tried this with ESS as I only normally use EAV, but you say the problem occurs with EAV too, so here goes...

1. Checked index = okay
    2. Uninstalled EAV 4.0, rebooted.
    3. Checked index = okay
    4. Installed EAV 3.0.672, checked index = okay
    5. Rebooted, checked index = okay
    6. Uninstalled EAV 3.0.672, rebooted.
    7. Checked index = okay
    8. Installed EAV 4.0, checked index = okay
    9. Rebooted, checked index = okay.

At no point do I need to refresh the Windows Experience Index.

This is all tested on my laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.

13. Concepts

I have reinstalled both Nod v3 and Beta 4 again and I didn't get the refresh index score. So I think it was caused when I updated the Video drivers.

14. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

One thing I've noticed is that ekrn.exe goes sky-high when you do a start menu search, slowing the appearance of search results.

Edit: either an update fixed this, or it was just a temporary glitch of some kind. The speed seems fine now. o_O

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  15. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I am pleased to see that ESS 4 beta installed on the public Windows 7 beta without any errors.

However, I have not done much using Windows 7 so far, so no info on daily usage.

16. JRY

JRY Registered Member

I'm testing Windows 7 Beta with NOD32 4.0 Beta. The NOD beta says it will expire on March 2. What happens then? BTW, so far no issues to report.

17. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

Both NOD32 v3 and v4 64-bit editions fallover on my Dell XPS M1330 running Windows 7, the ESET service enters a continuous cycle of crashes and restarts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.