NOD32 V4.71.2 problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by meman887, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meman887

meman887 Registered Member

The problem is that I ran a test from http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm just mostly out of curiosity and the thing is upon testing NOD32 V4.71.2, it failed upon downloading eicar_com.zip and eicarcom2.zip via SSL as in allowed the files to download without any popup display, that was the only two things that it failed at.

As for the rest of the files on the SSL section and including standard HTTP, it detected them without issues, I'm I missing something?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What browser and its version did you use? What OS and platform is it?

3. kncowans

kncowans Registered Member

Hello Marcos

I just tested this too and meman87 is correct, I had the same issue.

I am using IE9 Beta soon to be the RC on 10 February running on Windows 7 x86 and x64 (I have two Licenses).

Hope this helps.

Kevin

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, for one, haven't installed IE 9 beta yet so I can't confirm or deny it at the moment. Do you have this problem with non-portable versions of other browsers as well? If so, try the following:
    - close the browser (make sure it's not running by checking the Task manager)
    - disable SSL scanning and click OK
    - enable SSL scanning
    - try downloading eicar.com via SSL

5. kncowans

kncowans Registered Member

Hello Marcos

It seems that SSL Scanning was Disabled already.

Is the SSL Scanning Option supposed to be Disabled by Default as I have not altered that setting since installing?

After Enabling the SSL Scanning and trying to Download the same test files they are now intercepted correctly.

I have just checked my other PC which I recently re-installed from scratch and SSL Scanning on that was also Disabled.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.