Nod32 v4.0 Blocks Skype Extremely Slow

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by shawnl, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnl

shawnl Registered Member

My Nod32 v4.0 seems to be blocking my Skype from starting up correctly.

When Nod is enabled it takes probally 5 minutes for Skype to start and during this time y CPU usage % is 95%+ and I am unable to do open anything on my computer even task manager at this time. When it finally opens all is good again.

If I disable Nod skype opens fine and right away. I have tried adding skype to be including in all Exceptions but it appears still not to work.

Id rather not have to switch AV just because of skype, since it is paid for another year

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. shawnl

shawnl Registered Member

Skype was not checked in the link you gave me. Only my browsers are.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You mentioned v. 4.0 but the most current version is 4.2.64. Please install it and confirm or deny that installing it resolves the problem.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Your installed Operating System Is ? | Is it patched ? | Your Default Internet Browser Is ? | What Other security software do you have installed ? | * If any * | Did you install a webcam with this software ? |
    | Have you looked at new entries to MSCONFIG | Have you looked at Firewall Exceptions that may have been introduced by this software ? | Have you consulted with Skype Tech Support Guides since you have installed this software ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.